IGNORED

MARLON

Dolman Block B

For all of you City fans who listened and heard the reports on todays game, i was there and need to comment on a certain player.

Kelly was simply brilliant, gets better with every game.

The new centre half Tomas Kalas outstanding,  how we pulled that out of the hat i will never know.

Andi Weimann 5 goals in 5 games was never thought of when we signed hom as Derby County 5th rate striker.

But Marlon Pack was immense, a leader in midfield, bossed, bullied and ran the show. 

Its the captian the club have been crying out for and since he signed a new three year deal you can see how much he loves being here and wants to be part of it.

Take a bow Marlon, long may it continue :clapping:

15 minutes ago, One BCFC said:

Brilliant player.. up there with one of the most underrated City players I have known

Really!? Underrated by who? We all love him and even a certain Josep Guardiola namechecked him before our Rumbelows Cup games with City last season. I think we’ve done incredibly well to tie him down on a new contract. 

10 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Really!? Underrated by who? We all love him and even a certain Josep Guardiola namechecked him before our Rumbelows Cup games with City last season. I think we’ve done incredibly well to tie him down on a new contract. 

Many City fans I know don't give him much credit, but I have said for the last few years the guy is class for us. Goes about his business quietly

Every team needs a Pack. Physical in the middle and keeps the ball moving dragging the opposition over the pitch.

For someone who doesn’t seem that mobile, compared to our other CM’s, he always seems to have time on the ball when he receives it. 

The biggest change hes he’s made to his game is making his first or second touch a positive one where possible. In the first season back up he seemed to pass back to CB’s or WB’s instead of looking forward 

42 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Littlewoods, get it right ffs

2 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

For all of you City fans who listened and heard the reports on todays game, i was there and need to comment on a certain player.

Kelly was simply brilliant, gets better with every game.

The new centre half Tomas Kalas outstanding,  how we pulled that out of the hat i will never know.

Andi Weimann 5 goals in 5 games was never thought of when we signed hom as Derby County 5th rate striker.

But Marlon Pack was immense, a leader in midfield, bossed, bullied and ran the show. 

Its the captian the club have been crying out for and since he signed a new three year deal you can see how much he loves being here and wants to be part of it.

Take a bow Marlon, long may it continue :clapping:

Yes and we have one man to thank for bringing him to city.

Pack was always quality at Cheltenham and when he signed for city he had things to prove,He's progressed and never looked back. What a bargain!

He does seem to be becoming a lot more vocal on the pitch and, from what I`ve seen of Weimann up to now he`s no shrinking violet either so maybe we do now have the leaders on the pitch that LJ was bemoaning the lack of last season?

As others have said, tying Marlon up to a new contract is up there with signing AW as one of several great bits of business in the summer.

It's great to see how much more efficient he is with the ball. No longer is his first thought either a back pass to the centre back or a Hollywood ball to the linesman. He's looking to get it into strikers feet or spread the play across to the fullbacks/wingers.

The way he keeps the ball reminds me of Dembele @ Spurs. When he has the ball in the centre, I never feel he's going to lose it.

10 hours ago, Cider Army said:

Yes and we have one man to thank for bringing him to city.

Pack was always quality at Cheltenham and when he signed for city he had things to prove,He's progressed and never looked back. What a bargain!

Who’s the one man? 

I’d say a few members of the forum going on and on about him for a few years are the ones we should thank! 

13 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Every team needs a Pack. Physical in the middle and keeps the ball moving dragging the opposition over the pitch.

For someone who doesn’t seem that mobile, compared to our other CM’s, he always seems to have time on the ball when he receives it. 

The biggest change hes he’s made to his game is making his first or second touch a positive one where possible. In the first season back up he seemed to pass back to CB’s or WB’s instead of looking forward 

That's the thing. Very intelligent player- may not look that speedy or mobile, but the best players know where that space is, know how to find it.

Really stepped up in last year or so, very happy he signed that new contract.

It’s nice to see that so many on here who lived in the darkness have now stepped into the light and recognise the value of Pack. I can only hope that the idiot near me at MK Dons a few years back who blamed Pack for breathing is one of them. His renewed contract was the signing of the summer for me. 

14 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I thought yesterday he looked the closest thing we’ve had to replacing Kallifa Cisse & that is some praise. 

Pack can play several different styles of CM & yesterday he immense. 

He’s so much better when he doesn’t try to play those “Hollywood” long diagonal balls and just played it simple. I thing having Kallas & Webster make that easier for him. 

I would add, as a side note, that I also thought that Brownhill complimented Pack very well and also had a great great. 

52 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It’s nice to see that so many on here who lived in the darkness have now stepped into the light and recognise the value of Pack. I can only hope that the idiot near me at MK Dons a few years back who blamed Pack for breathing is one of them. His renewed contract was the signing of the summer for me. 

To be fair, Pack only started to really shine and look capable at this level since Cotts left. Before that I think he struggled against any of the better L1 teams and looked out of his depth after the promotion. Pembo’s tactical change reaped instant benefits for Pack’s game and he has come on leaps & bounds under LJ. 

There aren’t too many championship midfielders that I’d swap him for now! 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I thought yesterday he looked the closest thing we’ve had to replacing Kallifa Cisse & that is some praise. 

Pack can play several different styles of CM & yesterday he immense. 

He’s so much better when he doesn’t try to play those “Hollywood” long diagonal balls and just played it simple. I thing having Kallas & Webster make that easier for him. 

I would add, as a side note, that I also thought that Brownhill complimented Pack very well and also had a great great. 

Him and Brownhill work better than him and Smith imo. Pack wins the first ball and Brownhill wins the majority of second balls. 

He’s often been overlooked by other players that take the limelight as such but over the last 12-18 months he’s consistently put in 7 or 8/10 performances even when we’ve been shite 

Archived