IGNORED

Johnson knows what he's doing!!!!!!

keynshamred

So happy tonight after the last two games for Lee Johnson. At the end of the day. he works for this club and can see on the training ground, what is happening and can see what he needs to bring in on the transfer window. 

Well he has got it right. Hasn't signed a striker knowing Fammy is back, used Taylor in last few and has paid off. Bought in Weimann and has paid off big time!! Bought in a centre back with great pedigree, superb addition!!

So basically any of you doubting Our gaffer, think again and start praising his work!! Massive profit on players and still doing a great job. Johnson be happy tonight your hard work is paying off and the start of the season is now very good. City fans start bringing positive support  and get behind the whole club. You reds!! 

In the first few games it is fair to say the Paterson experiment didn't exactly work. Lloyd Kelly is best at left back, Kalas looks to be a great addition and playing 2 strikers is definitely more potent.

I thought LJ wasn't sure what his best 11 was at the start of the season, but we seem to be plugging the gaps pretty quickly

I would still like to see a midfield loan come in, as injuries seem to be dogging us again this season, but the balance seems to be getting there and these wins will bring confidence both on and off the pitch

15 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

So happy tonight after the last two games for Lee Johnson. At the end of the day. he works for this club and can see on the training ground, what is happening and can see what he needs to bring in on the transfer window. 

Well he has got it right. Hasn't signed a striker knowing Fammy is back, used Taylor in last few and has paid off. Bought in Weimann and has paid off big time!! Bought in a centre back with great pedigree, superb addition!!

So basically any of you doubting Our gaffer, think again and start praising his work!! Massive profit on players and still doing a great job. Johnson be happy tonight your hard work is paying off and the start of the season is now very good. City fans start bringing positive support  and get behind the whole club. You reds!! 

You on the methylated spirits again? 

Let everyone calm down.  After ten games we can begin an evaluation.

Last two away results outstanding but we have hit some of the very worst troughs in our history under LJ.  Hopefully he has learnt lessons and the last two results are evidence of this.  Let's see what we do against The Villa, and the rest of the games up to no 10

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Last two away results outstanding but we have hit some of the very worst troughs in our history under LJ.  Hopefully he has learnt lessons and the last two results are evidence of this.  Let's see what we do against The Villa, and the rest of the games up to no 10

Lighten up ffs

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

Lighten up ffs

I am so lightened up I am floating over here in France - but I remain realistic, as LJ himself said too many City fans live in Dreamland. I just want a solid midfield finish on which we can build next season. I do not want another schizophrenic season like the last two.

for me, he has manged to add more championship experience to the squad while at the same time allowing SL to recoup some of the investments of recent years (i.e. stadium). Last year we had a softness in my opinion (hence loosing so many winning positions, such as Sunderland, Leeds, Bolton, etc) and I think his transfer business addresses this -  he has added experienced championship pro's which make that sort of thing repeating less likely.

We will continue to have ups and downs this season, but I would say he does know what he is doing, with the resources he has available to him....  

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

LJ has been learning from the day he took charge. The worst trough that you refer to was at a time when he was finding out about the players he’d  inherited and who he could trust to adhere and carry out his style of play.

Now approx 80 matches on and several windows later he’s built a very decent squad. Add to that the horrendous injury curse last season and into this one and I’d say LJ is doing a decent job 

Two away wins on the trot, scoring four goals in the process has filled us with optimism but as you say let’s wait until we’re ten games and see where we are then.

28 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

In the first few games it is fair to say the Paterson experiment didn't exactly work. Lloyd Kelly is best at left back, Kalas looks to be a great addition and playing 2 strikers is definitely more potent.

I thought LJ wasn't sure what his best 11 was at the start of the season, but we seem to be plugging the gaps pretty quickly

I would still like to see a midfield loan come in, as injuries seem to be dogging us again this season, but the balance seems to be getting there and these wins will bring confidence both on and off the pitch

Most managers at all levels find out the team they had in their heads ahead of the first game is the one that ends up being their “trusted line-up”.

I get the call for a midfielder on loan, but if we bring in a youngster, are they just providing cover or really challenging Brownhill and Pack (in Korey’s absence).  Do we get the benefit?

48 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Would he of brought in a centre back with such pedigree if our back line had injuries galore,apart from that spot on

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Great signing but not sure what you mean by he wanted to sign for us

Johnson said that other clubs were interested in him but liked the way we play our football and probably spoke to Tammy and wanted to join us. Prob get a better pay day else where. Says alot for the player really!! 

2 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Johnson said that other clubs were interested in him but liked the way we play our football and probably spoke to Tammy and wanted to join us. Prob get a better pay day else where. Says alot for the player really!! 

Who were these other clubs out of interest,he said he didn’t speak to Tammy so that’s wrong 

1 hour ago, keynshamred said:

Got to say today I was very impressed with us from start to finish.

To a man we were better then Swansea , and apart from the last 15 minutes ..we dominated the game 

Credit to Johnson as he got everything right today 

16 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Who were these other clubs out of interest,he said he didn’t speak to Tammy so that’s wrong 

In fairness both LJ and MA said there was interest from lots of other clubs. Championship and European.

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

If MA said it then it must be true

Don’t necessarily disagree but occasionally you need to take something at face value.

I for one would be very surprised if there wasn’t given his track record in this division.

Archived