IGNORED

Bakinson

bs22 red

12 minutes ago, bs22 red said:

Newport fans loving him ,they think he's going to be a prem player in the furture. 

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Great news and thanks for sharing. Juat had a look on their forum and they are comparing him to a Vieira, Pogba type player.

Hopefully he doesn't have the rumoured attitude problems and can come back here ready for action next season.

Have a look in the Loan Watch thread a very good piece from a Newport fan there as well as other comments.

29 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Great news and thanks for sharing. Juat had a look on their forum and they are comparing him to a Vieira, Pogba type player.

Hopefully he doesn't have the rumoured attitude problems and can come back here ready for action next season.

Agreed. Unfortunately I think it's more than rumours.

Hopefully a spell at Newport will bring him down a peg or two.

Still good reports from their fans so fingers crossed.

11 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If he is that good, why is he not in our first team?

Because bossing it in league 2 is a little bit different to the Championship.

He’s barely played a handful of senior games and needs the experience.

It’s the pathway.....

He goes there, does well, he goes to league 1, does well and then he comes back to replace whatever player we’ve sold that summer.

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Idk. We seem obsessed with loaning players out instead of playing them(Kelly is the exception). Perhaps some of these loans are bringing in finances that we count on?

We're determined to get our young players experience of senior football.

Something that is more beneficial than u23s football.

Occassionally you will get a player who can slowly be integrated into the first team without the loans, like Kelly, but these are by far the exceptions.

This is the same at pretty much every other club with an academy.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Occassionally you will get a player who can slowly be integrated into the first team without the loans, like Kelly, but these are by far the exceptions.

Yep, was chatting to Morrell’s Dad about this and he was saying that u23 football is so unreal, everyone can pass out from the back, no-one tackles etc....nor does your livelihood depend on the result.

I don’t know what purpose it really serves.  Our u23s aren’t even our best u23s, because the better ones have been loaned out.  No doubt it’s the same for other clubs too.

It needs a big shake-up.

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No I get that and I don’t know all the details about his attitude but when he was bought he was supposed to be fast tracked to the first team. We are light in midfield as it is and he’d be a different option. If he is dominating L2 he is probably close to champ level. In the transfer forum people gushing over(rightly so) over Amos of Spurs as a good loan option. Was at Stevenage last season. Getting mens football is relevant but not sure everyone needs a loan to be ready. 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

No I get that and I don’t know all the details about his attitude but when he was bought he was supposed to be fast tracked to the first team. We are light in midfield as it is and he’d be a different option. If he is dominating L2 he is probably close to champ level. In the transfer forum people gushing over(rightly so) over Amos of Spurs as a good loan option. Was at Stevenage last season. Getting mens football is relevant but not sure everyone needs a loan to be ready. 

I’m not sure he was ever supposed to be fast tracked. I think it was always clear he signed for the development squad.

Lets remember he’d only played 1 or 2 games for Luton when he joined and has only played 3 games for Newport - a little quick to form a view as to whether he’s Championship level.

And sure if he’s league 2 player of the year he might skip the league 1 part but at the moment I can’t see this loan not being the right thing for him.

Lloyd Kelly’s are a 1 in a 100 player really. Most of the rest need this development time to get a better understanding of the senior game, and develop the skills needed to thrive in it.

17 minutes ago, jimmyb said:

I’m not sure he was ever supposed to be fast tracked. I think it was always clear he signed for the development squad.

Lets remember he’d only played 1 or 2 games for Luton when he joined and has only played 3 games for Newport - a little quick to form a view as to whether he’s Championship level.

And sure if he’s league 2 player of the year he might skip the league 1 part but at the moment I can’t see this loan not being the right thing for him.

Lloyd Kelly’s are a 1 in a 100 player really. Most of the rest need this development time to get a better understanding of the senior game, and develop the skills needed to thrive in it.

Think at the time he signed someone said he would be fast tracked to the first team in 12-18 months was the aim. Think what make Lloyd Kelly so good is that physically he can compete being a large lad. Bakinson looks the same. They aren’t slight footballers who need to adjust to mens football because they have a bit more natural size and strength. No way this loan is a bad thing just not sure he needed it or if it would have been smarter to keep him and send Walsh on loan. Only time will tell

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Agreed. Unfortunately I think it's more than rumours.

Hopefully a spell at Newport will bring him down a peg or two.

Still good reports from their fans so fingers crossed.

I think the quoted poster was talking about Pogba's attitude rather than Bakinson's. What are these rumours you speak of?

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Idk. We seem obsessed with loaning players out instead of playing them(Kelly is the exception). Perhaps some of these loans are bringing in finances that we count on?

Financially the loans will yield some revenue and cover wages, however loaning to Newport and Cheltenham will hardly bring in sum “we count on”

28 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think at the time he signed someone said he would be fast tracked to the first team in 12-18 months was the aim. Think what make Lloyd Kelly so good is that physically he can compete being a large lad. Bakinson looks the same. They aren’t slight footballers who need to adjust to mens football because they have a bit more natural size and strength. No way this loan is a bad thing just not sure he needed it or if it would have been smarter to keep him and send Walsh on loan. Only time will tell

Kelly looks a natural athlete, and even at 16 he looked comfortable / strong within his body frame.  Some ‘kids’ grow too quick and the strength eventually catches up.  I remember being marked by Amankwah, (he was probably 18, I was 30) and thought I’d be able to move him around if he got tight.  I was in for a shock, jeez he was one powerful kid.  He went right through me.

15 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I think the quoted poster was talking about Pogba's attitude rather than Bakinson's. What are these rumours you speak of?

There was a rumour of him thinking he was too good after he made his debut in the cup game last year.  No idea of the foundation on here, although he had an injury around the same time that wasn’t mass-broadcast, so he missed a few u23 games and 2+2 might’ve been made???

10 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

It's not only about physical strength. It could be that the top two inches need the loan more than the bottom two feet.

Having briefly met and spoken with Lloyd at an u23 game, when he was not playing, he struck me as being a very level headed and personable young man. Others may have the football ability but not the maturity of person.

And I hasten to add that I have only seen Bakinson on a pitch and have zero knowledge of him in off the field situations..

11 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Kelly is clearly an exceptional one. Bryan and Reid went on loan and they turned out alright didn’t they? 

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Kelly is clearly an exceptional one. Bryan and Reid went on loan and they turned out alright didn’t they? 

Again I am all for loans. Just part of me thinks not everyone is desperate needfor them. In Bakinson’s case seems he has all the physical attributes needed similar to Kelly which I think could limit his need for loans. Idk enough about his mindset though to say it is completely unnecessary.

I am sure he will come back a better player. Just wonder if we have a greater need for him with our lack of midfielders is all. We have been linked with Reed and he has some experience in champ but still mostly unproven. I’d just rather blood our own sometimes than someone else’s. Rather get champ minutes to Walsh and Bakinson than to some loan player. Even if it meant some shorter term struggles. 

Not against loans at all. The club have proven to be astute at doing right by the players. I just hope more start getting their chances is all. 

23 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Again I am all for loans. Just part of me thinks not everyone is desperate needfor them. In Bakinson’s case seems he has all the physical attributes needed similar to Kelly which I think could limit his need for loans. Idk enough about his mindset though to say it is completely unnecessary.

I am sure he will come back a better player. Just wonder if we have a greater need for him with our lack of midfielders is all. We have been linked with Reed and he has some experience in champ but still mostly unproven. I’d just rather blood our own sometimes than someone else’s. Rather get champ minutes to Walsh and Bakinson than to some loan player. Even if it meant some shorter term struggles. 

Not against loans at all. The club have proven to be astute at doing right by the players. I just hope more start getting their chances is all. 

I'm sure that a season of consistent first team results, neither seriously chasing play offs or looking nervously over our shoulders at the bottom, will help those like Morrell, Bakinson, Moore and others, to get some game time in our first team. That, IMO, is how it should be.

Archived