IGNORED

1st minute goal

dihajh

Hi all,

sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else but if it has few free to merge / delete.

Our first goal today was a routine which lee commented on practicing in training to attack from the off. But I remembered seeing a goal on twitter which was scored within 8 seconds which Lee happened to like which was how I saw it.

I’m not taking any credit away from lee because the attack worked going full force from kickoff.

ill attach the tweet (hopefully as I’m on phone) and let others judge how similar they are.

https://twitter.com/futbolbible/status/1029088479936954368?s=21  .

As I said nothing against Johnson but good to see him taking ideas that others have worked.

I have to say mate that it’s nothing like it. 

We hit it long from the kick off, Swansea won the header, we got it back again and hit it long, and Swansea won the header. Then they won another one just after. 

Basically Swans has possession 3 times so I wouldn’t say this was a planned move. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

All I would say is that the intention was to get us into their half as soon into the game as possible, especially away from home.  It ended up working in the best possible way.

LJ said post match that diaganol pass was a planned tactic. I’m para phrasing here but he said something like ‘catching them cold’

It certainly worked!

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

LJ said post match that diaganol pass was a planned tactic. I’m para phrasing here but he said something like ‘catching them cold’

It certainly worked!

That hindsight thing is brill! I’m not sure scoring in the first minute was an integral part of his game plan, but so what, we did....we stuffed Swansea away - only our second away win in the last nine months....still, we ain’t hard done by, Southampton apparently have won only one home game since November 2017....wahey!

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It certainly worked!

You misunderstood what I wrote.  I know what he said.  All I’m saying that it was a tactic to get it forward ASAP to see what might happen, maybe put them under pressure, maybe attain possession in their final third early on.  It’s was a direction given to Webster and Kalas.  The resultant goal was not planned.  Swansea won two headers off of the diagonal ball, lost it in midfield, didn’t pick up the loose ball, etc.

Credit to LJ for telling his players to hit it long early doors, get us on the front foot.  Not rocket science, but very sensible plan.

The goal was not from a carefully orchestrated drill from kick off though.

Archived