IGNORED

Section 82 - New Flag Designs - YOU DECIDE

James

Evening all,

We're in the process of finalising the designs for our next order of flags/banners and wanted to make sure that those that have kindly continued to contibrute financially (you guys) had an input too!

Therefore I'm after some ideas from you...!

I think the best way to do it would be to ask that all (serious) ideas are posted in this thread and we'll run a poll or similar to whittle it down to 5 (or so) designs to run with this time.

The flags in question will be 10ft by 5ft, so design files would need to be 1500x1000 pixels minimum (if you're like me and haven't got the know how/patience to produce the designs yourself, just post your idea and we'll get someone to bring it to fruition).

All ideas welcome, although if we could keep it (relatively) serious/productive that would be ideal!

Cheers!

13 hours ago, James said:

Evening all,

We're in the process of finalising the designs for our next order of flags/banners and wanted to make sure that those that have kindly continued to contibrute financially (you guys) had an input too!

Therefore I'm after some ideas from you...!

I think the best way to do it would be to ask that all (serious) ideas are posted in this thread and we'll run a poll or similar to whittle it down to 5 (or so) designs to run with this time.

The flags in question will be 10ft by 5ft, so design files would need to be 1500x1000 pixels minimum (if you're like me and haven't got the know how/patience to produce the designs yourself, just post your idea and we'll get someone to bring it to fruition).

All ideas welcome, although if we could keep it (relatively) serious/productive that would be ideal!

Cheers!

This is going well then .

Where's the support ?

31 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I think he's after flag designs at the moment ,flag poles to be decided later.

In order to kick start the thread maybe the OP could come up with a few suggestions of his own and see where that leads

100% of the flags/banners/displays produced over the last 4 seasons have been done so from designs in our own image and with our own ideas, something which we will of course continue to do.

However we wanted to take the opportunity to give others an input - partly as I'm sure there are some great ideas out there not yet considered by ourselves, but also (and perhaps more importantly) to make sure that those that have kindly contributed and continue to support us have the opportunity to have a meaningful input as well.

I could certainly list some of our ideas if people think that would be helpful, but what we're looking to do is add to the ideas we already have not replace them..

I'm not artistically inclined so won't suggest any designs as such, but might just suggest a few (probably very obvious) "rules":

• no current players or ex-players that are still playing - the danger of these become instantly outdated is too high;
  • no Johnson - again, could rapidly become outdated; and
  • stick to red, white and black.

Go bold, modern. The simplified Robin that the club are using a lot as in the below image is really nice.  It's clean and something like that would stand out nicely on a flag.  A plain red background, with a simplified outline of a robin in white would look classy and would show up well.  You could even do a trio of flags, white robin on red, red robin on white, and black robin on red or something like that.

1-leaderboard.jpg

Alternatively, the OSIB podcast image of the robin perched on the suspension bridge is another simple, strong contrast image.

Image result for osib podcast

Obviously with both of the above images you would need to seek permission to use exact copies.  But for me that is the style I would go for.

My favourite flag I've seen in at the gate was 2 seasons back in the Atyeo stand brought in by one of our friends from Holland. 

It was a large black square flag, amigos dos amigos spelt over the top with a face of a man wearing a bucket hat, half face/half skull with two clenched fists. Sorry couldn't find a picture online although I expect the S82 lads might remember it.

Would love to see that flag with a City twist. Prehaps ernie on the hat?

Probably won't be popular with the more straight edged fans as quite hooligan in image but I thought it looked class. 

If anyone could help with a pic, even just so I can keep one I'd be grateful. 

Cheers WoWS

9 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

You can't beat a bit of Banksy,maybe some creative type could do stencil along these lines.

Obviously with a different subject matter

Image result for banksy 

This but with a flare instead of flowers.  With S82 on the bloke somewhere.  No Pyro, No Party. 

e512b65ec433eeb25856e53dcf114257--grenade-streetstyle.jpg

3 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

My favourite flag I've seen in at the gate was 2 seasons back in the Atyeo stand brought in by one of our friends from Holland. 

It was a large black square flag, amigos dos amigos spelt over the top with a face of a man wearing a bucket hat, half face/half skull with two clenched fists. Sorry couldn't find a picture online although I expect the S82 lads might remember it.

Probably won't be popular with the more straight edged fans as quite hooligan in image but I thought it looked class. 

Cheers WoWS

Image result for bristol city ADA willem ii

Look anything like this?

7 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Cheers WoWS

That was a great flag.

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Image result for bristol city ADA willem ii

Look anything like this?

Not that one.

20 hours ago, Fuber said:

The late Gerry Gow maybe?

I think it would be cool to get a more recent player on a flag. No disrespect intended, but there's a large proportion of our fans who haven't seen Bristol City legends of years gone by (such as Atyeo or Gow) play live or on video footage.

Perhaps someone like Louis Carey - there's this great image of him with blood coming from one of his eyes during his final season for the club. Might resonate with more of the crowd.

image.png.235f4ffb6a0c4c6c261a5f06a39873a0.png 

3 hours ago, city1983 said:

How about a Willem ii flag.

in fact while we're at it, why dont we change our name to willem iii

Great idea!!!! 

It's amazing how many people get arsey about the ADA Alliance (now into it's second generation of fans I may add). If you don't like it, which there's probably no good reason for you not to like it, then don't mention it. If you can't provide any insightful ideas of flag designs too @James don't bloody complain about the designs. 

1 hour ago, STeveOELlis said:

Great idea!!!! 

It's amazing how many people get arsey about the ADA Alliance (now into it's second generation of fans I may add). If you don't like it, which there's probably no good reason for you not to like it, then don't mention it. If you can't provide any insightful ideas of flag designs too @James don't bloody complain about the designs. 

What does ADA mean?

Seen it on stickers before, just wondering.

As supporter tribute to a genuine fellow Red celebrity fan with an iconic much loved alter ego persona...  A depiction of Tony Robinson in Baldrick guise with an appropriate tag line..

Something like this one that I found online... (can't copy/paste for some annoying reason) 

# KEEP CALM I HAVE A CUNNING PLAN …

or perhaps...

# BALDRICK - He's One Of Our Own.  

or maybe  

# We Are BRISTOL CITY - we have a CUNNIING PLAN.  …. # Baldrick is our Leader! 

The image and tag line possibilities are endless ...

(EVERYONE LOVES BALDRICK, a universally recognisable character & Tony is a genuine long term City supporter I suspect (despite modesty) he would be quietly delighted with affectionate recognition from Reds through something like this... Baldrick deserves a flag ! )  :farmer:

Archived