IGNORED

Section 82 - New Flag Designs - YOU DECIDE

James

55 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Will the relationship with Willem end post Brexit? 

Don't want people who voted leave to feel deceived if they donated to the flag fund.

It’s not Willem, Rob, it’s Willem II. I’d imagine that’s akin to calling us Bristol instead of Bristol City. 

Anyway. Brexit won’t happen so it’s all good. 

Apart from the ADA bit which hardly draws favourable comparisons 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amigos_dos_Amigos

• Admin
14 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It’s not Willem, Rob, it’s Willem II. I’d imagine that’s akin to calling us Bristol instead of Bristol City. 

Anyway. Brexit won’t happen so it’s all good. 

Apart from the ADA bit which hardly draws favourable comparisons 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amigos_dos_Amigos

Blimey - talk about clutching at straws for an extreme representation

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it would be cool to get a more recent player on a flag. No disrespect intended, but there's a large proportion of our fans who haven't seen Bristol City legends of years gone by (such as Atyeo or Gow) play live or on video footage.

Perhaps someone like Louis Carey - there's this great image of him with blood coming from one of his eyes during his final season for the club. Might resonate with more of the crowd.

image.png.235f4ffb6a0c4c6c261a5f06a39873a0.png 

Great pic, we actually had this made into a 2 pole flag in one of the first batches done. Unfortunately (like quite a few since) it grew legs and ran away...

8 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it would be cool to get a more recent player on a flag. No disrespect intended, but there's a large proportion of our fans who haven't seen Bristol City legends of years gone by (such as Atyeo or Gow) play live or on video footage.

Perhaps someone like Louis Carey - there's this great image of him with blood coming from one of his eyes during his final season for the club. Might resonate with more of the crowd.

image.png.235f4ffb6a0c4c6c261a5f06a39873a0.png 

That was a flag once, got stolen. 

Flag ideas:

- Old legends/heroes of the club, players and managers (like the Atyeo flag).

- Flag that contains purple and lime. It’s ours now, make it our own in section 82.

- “Ashton Gate 8 Never Forget” something similar to that perhaps? Again it’s our history.

- The angry robin works I think, it shows the aggression and surely a home advantage. Maybe a surfer flag could work? The away end and opposition will see it that way.

- “Terry Cooper revival - City are back”

- Alan Dicks appreciation

- Might be premature but the lad has started well, flag for Weimann? And also the song works so well! Bob Marley with Weimann’s face - “ No Weimann No Cry”

I’m not particularly into designs myself but here are a few ideas maybe? Keep up the good work @James

Like the Mind the Gap ticker one, keep that number rolling over.

Some purple and lime would be good as that’s becoming our lucky kit. Perhaps Tinnion’s goal strike moment vs Liverpool.

Also love Hallyink’s new tshirts, @James - he might even let you use it on a one-off flag if it helps promote the image he’s created and create awareness to sell merchandise off the back of?

5 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Flag ideas:

- Old legends/heroes of the club, players and managers (like the Atyeo flag).

- Flag that contains purple and lime. It’s ours now, make it our own in section 82.

- “Ashton Gate 8 Never Forget” something similar to that perhaps? Again it’s our history.

- The angry robin works I think, it shows the aggression and surely a home advantage. Maybe a surfer flag could work? The away end and opposition will see it that way.

- “Terry Cooper revival - City are back”

- Alan Dicks appreciation

- Might be premature but the lad has started well, flag for Weimann? And also the song works so well! Bob Marley with Weimann’s face - “ No Weimann No Cry”

I’m not particularly into designs myself but here are a few ideas maybe? Keep up the good work @James

I agree with your suggestions especially Terry Cooper, it must be done. Also I would like to see a bristol south end flag with it's true date, just to remind our club where we came from. Hope @James is taking these suggestions by everyone on board.

I think flags with important players/managers from the club’s history always look classy, like the Gow and Murray flags.

Great suggestions for a flag for Terry Cooper and Alan Dicks. 

IMO the simple designs look the best, I think supporters groups in Europe do these things really well and both of the Willem II flags posted earlier are good examples of this. 

Archived