Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

James

Section 82 - New Flag Designs - YOU DECIDE

Could you get a flag designed using the Massive Attack Blue Lines album cover as the inspiration what with Rob being a huge City fan (we're thanked in the sleeve notes)? Would also cover off the Banksy angle as well :ph34r:

Like the Mind the Gap ticker one, keep that number rolling over.

Some purple and lime would be good as that’s becoming our lucky kit. Perhaps Tinnion’s goal strike moment vs Liverpool.

Also love Hallyink’s new tshirts, @James - he might even let you use it on a one-off flag if it helps promote the image he’s created and create awareness to sell merchandise off the back of?

5 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Flag ideas:

- Old legends/heroes of the club, players and managers (like the Atyeo flag).

- Flag that contains purple and lime. It’s ours now, make it our own in section 82.

- “Ashton Gate 8 Never Forget” something similar to that perhaps? Again it’s our history.

- The angry robin works I think, it shows the aggression and surely a home advantage. Maybe a surfer flag could work? The away end and opposition will see it that way.

- “Terry Cooper revival - City are back”

- Alan Dicks appreciation

- Might be premature but the lad has started well, flag for Weimann? And also the song works so well! Bob Marley with Weimann’s face - “ No Weimann No Cry”

I’m not particularly into designs myself but here are a few ideas maybe? Keep up the good work @James

I agree with your suggestions especially Terry Cooper, it must be done. Also I would like to see a bristol south end flag with it's true date, just to remind our club where we came from. Hope @James is taking these suggestions by everyone on board.

Edited by Threshing Red
  • Like 1

I think flags with important players/managers from the club’s history always look classy, like the Gow and Murray flags.

Great suggestions for a flag for Terry Cooper and Alan Dicks. 

IMO the simple designs look the best, I think supporters groups in Europe do these things really well and both of the Willem II flags posted earlier are good examples of this.