IGNORED

Taylor Moore

Antman

i'm thinking this is his last season in contract?

He's going on loan according to LJ, if so we've paid £1.5M (?) and then let him out on loan for the entirety of that period.

Given that we've got loan cover for defence in it suggests LJ doesn't think enough of him.

maybe the lad didn't step up - but it seems he was part of that batch of players who have now largely been shipped out again. Magnussen, Duric, etc.

He was an England U20 player , but seems to have ground to a halt with us.

does anyone know what his contract is?

1 minute ago, Antman said:

He's going on loan according to LJ, if so we've paid £1.5M (?) and then let him out on loan for the entirety of that period.

Given that we've got loan cover for defence in it suggests LJ doesn't think enough of him.

maybe the lad didn't step up - but it seems he was part of that batch of players who have now largely been shipped out again. Magnussen, Duric, etc.

I don't know what his contract situation but I think he would have had game time if he hadn't got injured at the end of pre-season. If he does go on loan, don't be surprised if he signs a contract first like some of the other lads, but I have a feeling he will be staying around the squad. 

1 hour ago, Antman said:

LJ thinks very highly of him as do the rest of the coaching staff, they also think he isn't ready for the championship and will follow the Vyner path

2 hours ago, Antman said:

He is still very young. Good signing and one for the future.  Players dont have to deliver immediately to be a success.

54 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

LJ thinks very highly of him as do the rest of the coaching staff, they also think he isn't ready for the championship and will follow the Vyner path

Heard the same, very much in the mould of Webster. Had some intensive conditioning over the summer and 121 coaching sessions. He would have been in the first team squad had he not picked up an injury but with added cover less likely. Pretty sure the club will extend his contract if he progresses as they hope and a loan to L1 looks best move for him

45 minutes ago, RedDave said:

He is still very young. Good signing and one for the future.  Players dont have to deliver immediately to be a success.

He's 21, 2 years older than Lloyd Kelly and a year younger than Josh Brownhill. I get the impression he was OK at Cheltenham but not outstanding which means he's currently L2 level. Can't see him breaking into the side unless we've got loads of injuries.

15 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

He's 21, 2 years older than Lloyd Kelly and a year younger than Josh Brownhill. I get the impression he was OK at Cheltenham but not outstanding which means he's currently L2 level. Can't see him breaking into the side unless we've got loads of injuries.

Might not break into the side this season.  Hopefully will do next season.

You need to give young players time to develop.  Plenty of examples of players blossoming at 22/23/24 and not 19/20/21.  Also centre backs develop a bit later generally.

56 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Argyle are desperate for a centre half if you read their forum. Would seem a good move for him.

TM was once subject of a  €10m bid from Lyon when at Lens. Clearly stagnated but has something about him.

Argyle will be relegated if they take him - they're in trouble already and need experience and grit to sort themselves out. Moore lacks both at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Argyle will be relegated if they take him - they're in trouble already and need experience and grit to sort themselves out. Moore lacks both at the moment.

Rovers an ideal loan move then. ?

31 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

People were saying very similar things about Reid at 24. Reid’s case should be enough evidence to allow young players to develop at their own pace.

16 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

It is way too simplistic to summarise him that way. First off, Lloyd Kelly is an outlier. There aren’t many 19-20 year olds ready to star in the championship. He is the exception to the rule.

Secondly, Brownhill needed close to 100 league appearances before he started contributing regularly. Also, he was brought up playing football in this country so not as big an adjustment. 

Thirdly, Moore was played out of position at rb in a not so great Cheltenham side. I did question the loan at the time as he seemed to have impressed in L1 the previous season. That said, his biggest problem is his physicality and aggression or lack of it. L2 will have helped him and he did look a bit more physically ready in preseason.

I am quite sure he is rated by the staff. I am sure we will see him sign a new 3+1 deal if he does go on loan. He is still very young for a CB and I can’t stress enough the difference of leagues where he grew up and where he is now. LJ commented on LK and how he anticipates him being a full time CB at around 24. Taylor Moore is similar. He still has time ahead of him and I know the price seemed steep but he was worth the money in potential. Give him more time. 

13 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Might not break into the side this season.  Hopefully will do next season.

You need to give young players time to develop.  Plenty of examples of players blossoming at 22/23/24 and not 19/20/21.  Also centre backs develop a bit later generally.

Exactly. Adam Webster is just 23 and approaching 150 senior appearances(just over 50 at champ level) and still looks physically lacking at times. Taylor is 2 years younger and learned his trade in a different environment. He needs time to learn how to use his body and gain more strength. We have some of the best CBs in the division U23 I’d say. Sometimes even I forget how young of a side we are compared to what we strive to be(playoff side. Look at the avg age of Boro, Villa, Derbt). 

30 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

People were saying very similar things about Reid at 24. Reid’s case should be enough evidence to allow young players to develop at their own pace.

Quite right. 

Rooney was a top player at 17 ffs.........Vardy didn’t thrive until he was in his mid 20s. 

Every player develops at a unique rate - fans forget that.

4 hours ago, Antman said:

If LJ didn't think enough of him he'd have been sold or shipped into the 23's rather than sent out on loan.

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

All good in theory. But if he doesn't want to sign a contract he would prove to be another poor signing.

Any indication he doesn't want to sign a new contract or just a negative spin on something for the hell of it?

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Quite right. 

Rooney was a top player at 17 ffs.........Vardy didn’t thrive until he was in his mid 20s. 

Every player develops at a unique rate - fans forget that.

It also seems that fewer players break through while they are teenagers than used to be the case - although it could just be my age that makes me think that!

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Any indication he doesn't want to sign a new contract or just a negative spin on something for the hell of it?

Hmmm, it's Londoner posting, what do you think? Praying the lad will fail so he can have another stick to beat the club and management with probably.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

If LJ didn't think enough of him he'd have been sold or shipped into the 23's rather than sent out on loan.

Why would he? Doesn't play regular football farmed out on loan to the lower leagues. 

8 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Why would he? Doesn't play regular football farmed out on loan to the lower leagues. 

If you're cynical then it's easier to get a new contact somewhere else if he signs again here as someone lower will take him, move down now and he could be stuck down there, so extends the career. 

Or he understands he was unlikely to break into the first team given the other options and looks to go the vyner route 

56 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

This might come as a shock EI, but there's something your family has asked me to tell you after all this time ...................................

15 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

what like last season then they took the un-experianced Vyner? 

16 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

He's the same age as Zak Vyner and nobody seems to worry about him being a flop.

I don't know what the exact fee paid for him was but it was money paid out for potential and if he's got what they presumably saw in him then it should be a small amount compared to the value he'll have in future.

On the other hand, the lower leagues are full of "former U20 international"s who never quite made it. He'll get the opportunity at City but it's up to him to take it.

Archived