IGNORED

The pattern of LJ's career

Bjorn1887

Something just occurred to me today. I am interested if you guys will agree with my insight. There is something with Lee Johnson that is hard to ignore. 

His First club Oldham Athletic: He tried to play football the right way and was instantly popular because of this. In his second season the Latics finally started to get the results the performances deserved and shot up into the playoff positions. However, 5 defeats in a row soon occurred and the team were around 13th in the table. 

At this point he still very much had a lot of credibility. He was offered an interview at Oakwell and won over the board with his presentation and excellent interpersonal skills. 

His second club Barnsley: Instantly he came in and won 6 games on the trot. Fair play of course, turning a flaying side into a promotion chasing one.  At the Easter period there was 10 games to go with the side 5th in the table. Long story short the Reds failed to win a single one of them and ultimately finished 11th. In the 15/16 season he sets up to play like Pep's Barcelona. After a slow start to the season the team nosedives to 24th getting knocked out of the cup by Altrincham. Around these times of course it looks like his career is in jeopardy. However with his brand of football and being very likeable  the club decide to bring in some reinforcements and suggest a change of style (I say this because as head coach transfers wasn't his decision). Again credit where it is due the club won 7 in a row and make it to the JPT final. He Leaves the club in 13th. 

He gets offered an interview by his former club and again works his magic with his presentational skills. 

His Third club Bristol City: Comes into a club in a relegation scrap and wins 7 out of 16 games. Great stuff. In his first full season however despite having considerable finances and the best striker in the League he cannot push on up the table. Last season the club has a great first 3/4 of the season always around the playoffs, but then a run of about 10 winless away games and the team eventually finishes in 11th. 

I am sorry if my thoughts on Bristol City are vague or perhaps false but its roughly what I gather. I do not wish to cause any offence. 

As I've referred to several times as a young English coach who speaks very well and tries to play attractive football it is not surprising that he is fashionable. He has real positives and that cannot be denied. But honestly at the moment the best way to describe him would be a boom or bust manager. Sorry Lee but at the end of the day his C.V currently reads: guided Oldham from midtable League 1 to midtable League 1, guided Barnsley from midtable League 1 to midtable League 1 and fairly inconsistent at his current club. I don't say this to put a downer on the guy but these are my honest thoughts. If he continues in this vein I'm afraid that his star will soon fall. 

I wonder if he is still immensely popular in your parts. I can understand that he did a great job for much of last season. Well that is all and I will see you all next year. 

Basically, it’s clear to all, including SL & LJ himself, that this season needs to see the eradication of these previous prolonged bad runs. 

He’s provided plenty of good runs, to prove he CAN do a good job. If he can stamp on these long winless runs going beyond a few matches, then all good. 

1 hour ago, Bjorn1887 said:

how boring is bristol

So who are you and what is the nature of your interest?

Your views are not uncommon or original, so unlikely to upset the majority on here. 

Why are you interested in our management to the extent that you join the forum and start this thread?

It's LJ wishing he played in Sweden. So, LJ was the pivotal factor that allowed these clubs to win. Guess what happened when GJ put LJ on in "DEFENCE" in the closing minutes of the play-off game we had with Hull that would have gotten us into the Premier. 

5 hours ago, Bjorn1887 said:

Something just occurred to me today. I am interested if you guys will agree with my insight. There is something with Lee Johnson that is hard to ignore. 

His First club Oldham Athletic: He tried to play football the right way and was instantly popular because of this. In his second season the Latics finally started to get the results the performances deserved and shot up into the playoff positions. However, 5 defeats in a row soon occurred and the team were around 13th in the table. (* They were 21st in the league when he arrived and 9th when he left)

At this point he still very much had a lot of accurate. He was offered an interview at Oakwell and won over the board with his presentation and excellent interpersonal skills. 

His second club Barnsley: (*16th place when he arrives) Instantly he came in and won 6 games on the trot. Fair play of course, turning a flaying side into a promotion chasing one.  At the Easter period there was 10 games to go with the side 5th in the table. Long story short the Reds failed to win a single one of them and ultimately finished 11th. In the 15/16 season he sets up to play like Pep's Barcelona. After a slow start to the season the team nosedives to 24th getting knocked out of the cup by Altrincham. Around these times of course it looks like his career is in jeopardy. However with his brand of football and being very likeable  the club decide to bring in some reinforcements and suggest a change of style (I say this because as head coach transfers wasn't his decision). Again credit where it is due the club won 7 in a row and make it to the JPT final. He Leaves the club in 13th. (*Actually 12th)

He gets offered an interview by his former club and again works his magic with his presentational skills. 

His Third club Bristol City: Comes into a club in a relegation scrap and wins 7 out of 16 games. Great stuff. In his first full season however despite having considerable finances and the best striker in the League he cannot push on up the table. Last season the club has a great first 3/4 of the season always around the playoffs, but then a run of about 10 winless away games and the team eventually finishes in 11th. 

I am sorry if my thoughts on Bristol City are vague or perhaps false but its roughly what I gather. I do not wish to cause any offence. 

As I've referred to several times as a young English coach who speaks very well and tries to play attractive football it is not surprising that he is fashionable. He has real positives and that cannot be denied. But honestly at the moment the best way to describe him would be a boom or bust manager. Sorry Lee but at the end of the day his C.V currently reads: guided Oldham from midtable League 1 to midtable League 1, guided Barnsley from midtable League 1 to midtable League 1 and fairly inconsistent at his current club. I don't say this to put a downer on the guy but these are my honest thoughts. If he continues in this vein I'm afraid that his star will soon fall. 

I wonder if he is still immensely popular in your parts. I can understand that he did a great job for much of last season. Well that is all and I will see you all next year. 

I've added a few bits to make your comment a bit more accurate and highlighted a bit in your first sentence as you seem to be pretty good at ignoring things about LJ. Deffenatly concerning about our bipolar form (which feeds the split opinions of him) but the facts are every club he has been at have been left in a better position after he has arrived and twice he has turned around clubs under serious relegation threat. The last bit I highlighted just to further show how you happy to ignore facts to make a point.

• Admin
7 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

This posters style of writing , and of course topic, is incredably similar to our old "friend" , " Taxi for Johnson, ", don't you think? ?????????

The OP is either a Barnsley fan or someone visiting the town for the day :) 

Archived