IGNORED

Matty Hill

Dastardly and Muttley

35 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Was it away at Swindon when we scored an the players did that (then) popular 'New parent' celebration of rocking the cradle?

Part of me is thinking that could well have been for Matt Hill.

In which case, I was there and now feel double old.

Definitely how I remember it. I think Matt himself scored. Feeling proper ancient now. All I need to know now is that Sky Cinderella Peacock is a grandmother and that'll be me finished.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Was it away at Swindon when we scored an the players did that (then) popular 'New parent' celebration of rocking the cradle?

Part of me is thinking that could well have been for Matt Hill.

In which case, I was there and now feel double old.

39 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Definitely how I remember it. I think Matt himself scored. Feeling proper ancient now. All I need to know now is that Sky Cinderella Peacock is a grandmother and that'll be me finished.

Yes this was on my 40th birthday which was 16yrs and 7mths ago. Lee Peacock scored the other goal and we were in the hospitality at the County Ground laughing at the insults we were receiving. :) 

3 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

This was the game, I can see myself celebrating Lee Peacock’s goal! 

Admittedly, I was enjoying hospitality a bit too much, but I could have sworn it ended 1-2 and that Leapy's goal was the other end of the ground. ? What a strike BTW, he absolutely buried it. 

Didn't have the best of starts making his debut in a 6-1 home defeat to Wolves but became a class act although we had to have a season of him giving away penalty's then an ok season before he became a good player who we really liked then he goes and leaves,not a City great but a player who we liked and followed throughout his career.   

7 minutes ago, foghornred said:

Didn't have the best of starts making his debut in a 6-1 home defeat to Wolves but became a class act although we had to have a season of him giving away penalty's then an ok season before he became a good player who we really liked then he goes and leaves,not a City great but a player who we liked and followed throughout his career.   

Yeap, poor management that day, bringing on a young defender for his debut when we were already getting tanked. There was no way he'd be leaving the pitch as part of a winning team.

And to make matters worse, that was also the day Wolfie got a bit tasty with the pigs at half time.

On 29/08/2018 at 16:04, Kodjias Wrist said:

Isn't he one of the formers players who always slags city off?

Matty Hill has always been very popular since he left us. Always a good reception at Ashton Gate and he’s a really lovely bloke if you get to meet him. 

I can’t think for a minute of anytime he’s ever said anything bad about us. 

You must be thinking of the wrong person, although I can’t think of many players who slag City off after they’ve left. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Matty Hill has always been very popular since he left us. Always a good reception at Ashton Gate and he’s a really lovely bloke if you get to meet him. 

I can’t think for a minute of anytime he’s ever said anything bad about us. 

You must be thinking of the wrong person, although I can’t think of many players who slag City off after they’ve left. 

I remember going Sheffield United away a few years ago, we got pumped 3-0 iirc. All of our players back then couldn’t be arsed to come clap the away support, Matty Hill came over & clapped us for a good couple of mins (a bit like Albert at Boro a couple seasons back)

Always liked him, but went up even more in my estimations that day & always looked out for how he was getting on afterwards. 

16 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I remember going Sheffield United away a few years ago, we got pumped 3-0 iirc. All of our players back then couldn’t be arsed to come clap the away support, Matty Hill came over & clapped us for a good couple of mins (a bit like Albert at Boro a couple seasons back)

Always liked him, but went up even more in my estimations that day & always looked out for how he was getting on afterwards. 

I remember we beat one of his teams 3-0 at the end of the season. Preston I think..?

After the game he must have been walking back to stay in Bristol and passed the packed Bar BS3, where he stopped to chat, have photos & join in a few songs with the fans there. 

8 minutes ago, Prinny said:

The young Matty Hill at left back was an amazing watch . Every time he'd play the ball down the touchline it would go out for a throw in. I swear they moved him inside because it kept him further from the line!

I can still see him shanking one into the Dolman in my mind`s eye to this day. For some reason he didn`t seem to put so many into the Williams though.

As others have said, great lad though and one I`ll always remember with affection.

Archived