IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

Bath dominated tonight, when they put out a full strength side against us making 7 changes it was always going to be difficult

Bristol needed to start strongly but they didn't and Bath were on top from the beginning, Bristol, under pressure made mistakes at the line out and were dominated at the scrum which made it difficult

Mitch eadie was the only player to impress me tonight, varndell finished well but as per usual was at fault for a try

we obviously need additions and as shown by the team selection survival is the main aim this season and if we do that i can see us pushing on next season and beyond

• Like 2

Well and truly outclassed last night, men against boys. Just shows by resting a couple of key players, just how important they are. I've seen Bristol lose a lot this season but they haven't looked so outdone as this, poor. 

But that said, it's all about Premiership survival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Sale complaining to RFU that one of their own players passed info over pre match to the Bristol Squad.. hmm

Saw this on twitter earlier, didn't mention which team the guy played for of the two though. I would hazard a guess (based on nothing in particular) but should wait until it goes public before throwing names around on here. 

Rugby clubs also issue their team selections days before games. Surely knowing the team you can guess tactics. Not sure what info could be given that could help in a game where, as @Tomarsesays, it could be affected by yellow cards or indeed injuries happening on the day.

I would also think it would be hard to prove info had been passed, unless a recording was made, it's just one persons word against another. But they must think they have something as he has been sacked, or were they looking for an excuse to get rid anyway. Is he any good, maybe Bristol should take him!

How they would go about proving it is an interesting thing, and possibly not that likely to be possible.

That said if I, or I dare say anyone on the forum leaked confidential info or even were suspected of such- the sack would follow. I am not an expert at all in Employment law but employers would surely consider it as gross misconduct.

Employers would tend to deem (regardless of rights and wrongs) reasonable suspicion sufficent grounds I think and take their chances in a possible Tribunal.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Surprised to see the Real Ale Bar on the SS/Dolman corner closed yesterday. Crowd was over 8k (decent  for a pointless cup game) so would've though this Bar, in particular, would've been open. 

Some sloppy passing by Bris gave a decent Chiefs side some easy scores though, and poor handling near the end when we looked certain to score again ourselves made for an easy - but lengthy - run through for the last try of he game. 

Big game now on a Friday v. Quins. Anyone know if Woodward will be available? 

Looking forward to Friday, Quins are awful away from home (worse than rotherham....) and are without Robshaw, Marler, Brown etc, with Woodward coming back bristol have a massive chance of picking up 4-5 points and with worcester playing sarries and sale playing an in form Newcastle it could be a massive weekend

Edited by JBFC II