IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

12 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I'd imagine there will be lots of exciting signings if we get an early return 

Definitely, Perenara and Ryan Crotty were both all but done earlier this year apparently but they pulled out because we went down, I'd imagine we'll get a top class front 3 for the premiership season as well, Pat Lam will have a checklist of players he wants and with SL's money and Lam's puling factor we are in for a very exciting time

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Bard said:

Anyone seen Pat Lam's interview with everyone's favourite Bristol Sport employee..

He really does sound like he knows what he's doing. 

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/video-lam-talks-exclusively-to-bristol-rugby-tv/

He does. I can only assume he was aware of the rumoured 'boardroom interference' at Bristol before he joined and made it a condition of joining that this would cease and he would have the final say on signings/team selection. 

Otherwise he's in for a rude awakening and things could go south pretty quick.

Pre season games have been released, good opportunity to see the new faces in action

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/bristol-rugby-confirm-pre-season-dates-and-kick-offs/

And the games v ealing and hartbury are going to be on sky so dates have been moved

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/september-fixtures-selected-for-sky-sports-coverage/

On 07/07/2017 at 13:11, The Bard said:

Anyone seen Pat Lam's interview with everyone's favourite Bristol Sport employee..

He really does sound like he knows what he's doing. 

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/video-lam-talks-exclusively-to-bristol-rugby-tv/

Just watched it; pretty bloody inspiring stuff. The season can't start quick enough for me now!

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/lam-and-coaching-team-to-host-supporters-qa/

LAM AND COACHING TEAM TO HOST SUPPORTERS Q&A

MONDAY, JULY 24TH 2017

The Bristol Rugby coaching team are set to meet supporters in a Q&A evening at Ashton Gate in August.

Pat Lam and his backroom staff will talk about plans for the campaign ahead, as well as answer questions from fans on Tuesday, 15 August (7.30pm start).

This event is free to attend and will take place in the Lansdown Restaurant.

Bristol Rugby kick off the pre-season campaign versus Harlequins at Cleve RFC (Aug 5), before back-to-back friendly fixtures at the Clifton RFC training base versus Bath (Aug 12) and Scarlets (Aug 19). For ticket information, please click here.

Questions can be submitted in advance by emailing yours, with your name, to Tom Tainton at ttainton@bristolrugby.co.uk.

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

The signs are that they have learned the lessons from the last promotion.  Plan ahead.  Also, this is bound to help season ticket sales.  Really hope we go for it good and proper when we return to the Premiership.  No point mucking about.  If we start challenging the crowds will be massive.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Bard said:

The signs are that they have learned the lessons from the last promotion.  Plan ahead.  Also, this is bound to help season ticket sales.  Really hope we go for it good and proper when we return to the Premiership.  No point mucking about.  If we start challenging the crowds will be massive.

Under Pat Lam we aren't going to mess about, we'll be going straight back up and then challenging for top half with a couple more additions, the crowds will go above 20k if we are getting top 6

22 hours ago, The Bard said:

I said a year or two ago that Bris have the potential to be a giant in their sport. By the time LJs Europa League deadline has expired Bris could quite conceivably be champions of Europe. 

39 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I said a year or two ago that Bris have the potential to be a giant in their sport. By the time LJs Europa League deadline has expired Bris could quite conceivably be champions of Europe. 

They have the potential of course when you have a billionaire backer,i would fully expect Bristol to be champions of Europe if lansdown keeps putting the money in.

Had a chat to Pat Lam at the Balloon Fiesta today, what a nice man he is. He took a training session for the kiddies with some players and coaches and he genuinely looked like enjoyed himself and was great with the kids and was a friendly and it was lovely to meet him. In just a short chat I really felt he will be the breath of fresh air and we've made an appointment worth waiting for. Some people just have that certain 'it' and he certainly does. 

There was a player there, not sure of his name but I think it was the new Samoan player we signed a few months ago who has just joined us. There was lots of banter going on between him and the others, he's certainly settling in well.

31 minutes ago, RedM said:

Had a chat to Pat Lam at the Balloon Fiesta today, what a nice man he is. He took a training session for the kiddies with some players and coaches and he genuinely looked like enjoyed himself and was great with the kids and was a friendly and it was lovely to meet him. In just a short chat I really felt he will be the breath of fresh air and we've made an appointment worth waiting for. Some people just have that certain 'it' and he certainly does. 

There was a player there, not sure of his name but I think it was the new Samoan player we signed a few months ago who has just joined us. There was lots of banter going on between him and the others, he's certainly settling in well.

You just have to listen to Pat Lam speak and he almost instantly inspires you. He hardly ever mentions rugby, but he talks about community, legacy, engagement, mentoring and how his teams train to win. It's amazing to hear. He could genuinely usher in an absolutely golden age of rugby at Bristol 

• Like 1

Piatau is a really good signing for Bristol. I think he went AWOL in defence at times for Ulster last season but he is a superb player. That's some serious money they're paying him as well. 

I see that they've released the new jersey designs. I'm sure that nobody will be sorry to see the back of that gold and blue effort from last season!

https://twitter.com/Bristol_RFC/status/897488198020067330

11 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Piatau is a really good signing for Bristol. I think he went AWOL in defence at times for Ulster last season but he is a superb player. That's some serious money they're paying him as well. 

I see that they've released the new jersey designs. I'm sure that nobody will be sorry to see the back of that gold and blue effort from last season!

Yes I've just seen this, the away kit is all red and they are using pretty much a copy of the home shirt they got relegated in! 

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/bristol-rugby-reveal-home-and-away-kits-for-201718-season/

• Like 1

• Admin
15 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Two comments, didn't take long for the red shirt, but what the heck are all those random Bristol sport logos all over the shirts? 

20170815_171559.png

20170815_171620.png