IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

• Admin

Fro those interested there is a fantasy rugby competition online  HERE being run by "The rugby Magazine"

Pick a squad of 28 players then choose a starting 15 (along with kicker and captain) leaving 13 "IMPACT PLAYERS"  <- Just for @MichaelRobartes

Local supporters league 1e6ce39e243f

Bristol Supporters league 4029777864e8 

To join a league go to dashboard 
then leaderboards 
then you'll see join leagues options

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Also just realised that they're on board with calling their replacements "impact players". Cringe.

Agreed. What is that about?

What is wrong with "Substitutes"? It is not a negative word. the player is substituted for another player.  If anything calling them "Impact Players" suggests the starting XV has an inability to make an impact.

25,000 tickets sold already. Impressive. Should be a great atmosphere and hope we can beat  our old enemy! I just read that one of their players, Yann Thomas lives 3 minutes from AG and started playing for Backwell and Nailsea RFC. Hopefully another top flight rugby player being a red, like Gareth Chillcott! C'mon Bris!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Money made from this will go onto the Bristol sport coffers, which in turn will be used for both the rugby and City. So I guess it kind of is... 

I’m a Bristol City fan . I personally couldn’t care about Bristol Rugby and Bristol sport. But because there under that umbrella we have to embrace it  on a football forum. Not for me .

Edited by Red Army 75

7 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

25,000 tickets sold already. Impressive. Should be a great atmosphere and hope we can beat  our old enemy! I just read that one of their players, Yann Thomas lives 3 minutes from AG and started playing for Backwell and Nailsea RFC. Hopefully another top flight rugby player being a red, like Gareth Chillcott! C'mon Bris!

A mate of mine a Bristol rugby fanatic and long term SC holder say that he and a lots of his rugby pals have not received thier SC as of yesterday.......haven’t spoke with him today so it might have arrived this morning.

He was getting worried that they might not arrived before the big match tomorrow night......

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

I’m a Bristol City fan . I personally couldn’t care about Bristol Rugby and Bristol sport. But because there under that umbrella we have to embrace it  on a football forum. Not for me .

Not saying you have to embrace it, it's more the fact that tomorrow night will bring in a good bit of money for Bristol sport, as well as national recognition which has surely got to be good for city as well? 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

A mate of mine a Bristol rugby fanatic and long term SC holder say that he and a lots of his rugby pals have not received thier SC as of yesterday.......haven’t spoke with him today so it might have arrived this morning.

He was getting worried that they might not arrived before the big match tomorrow night......

Mine arrived a few hours ago, cutting it fine... 

• Like 2

Just now, JBFC II said:

Not saying you have to embrace it, it's more the fact that tomorrow night will bring in a good bit of money for Bristol sport, as well as national recognition which has surely got to be good for city as well? 

Fair enough. But I don’t personally care about Bristol Sport. Only Bristol City. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Are they likely to do better than the last time they were in the top league?

According to my pal, yes they will.......despite their best player being injured in a pre season friendly............:facepalm:

Edited by Robbored

19 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

All helps to pay stadium costs.

The stadium costs will have increased because of the additional sports being played there. 

In reality, with such a huge infrastructure the more it’s used - not just for sport but conferences etc it should help the overhead costs. 

Never the less this thread is non football so please move it to the appropriate place. 

Edited by Red DNA
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Are they likely to do better than the last time they were in the top league?

They are much better prepared for it, a much stronger squad and a coach who knows something about rugby... 

Whether they'll do any better is completely unknown though, going to depend on injuries and keeping key players fit

3 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

The full name for the sport is rugby football! So it’s not a non football topic.

dont we have threads on here about the new basketball stadium. Do maybe some posters have an issue with Bristol Rugby? I suppose not every City supporter is a Bristol supporter, even if they do like rugby. I imagine a lot of Bath fans are City fans?

8 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

I've watched a few games every season since 1970 and they've always been referred to as Bris wether you approve or not!

I suppose it is a bit unreasonable to expect rugby fans to use two syllables. 

I think 99% of Bristolians would agree that Bris is short for Brislington. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2