IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

20 hours ago, Robbored said:

Point for scoring 4 tries.

19 hours ago, Calculus said:

From the Premiership Rugby website:

4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw.

Bonus points: 1 point to a team that loses a match by 7 points or less, 1 point to a team scoring 4 tries or more in a match.

Yes I am aware of the points system, what I am saying is the highlighted portion is bullshit IMO, a defeat is a defeat end of.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Yes I am aware of the points system, what I am saying is the highlighted portion is bullshit IMO, a defeat is a defeat end of.

I think most rugby fans would agree with you but  EMB but the RFU call the shots and are notorious for irritating clubs and fans alike.

The point for scoring four tries is fine but a point for  losing by less than seven points is ludicrous.

On 22/09/2018 at 19:27, cidercity1987 said:

Load of bollocks the points for being within 7 points. Lose every game by 7 and you'll probably stay up.

Bristol's points difference -29 no bonus points. Newcastle's -31 2 bonus points, what a nonsense.

Hardly. Second bottom last season had 36. A point per game gives you 22 so absolutely nowhere near. The rules are clear. In my opinion the BP system has had an overwhemingly positive effect on the game. Even if you don't like it the worst team always goes down and the best team always win the league.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Hardly. Second bottom last season had 36. A point per game gives you 22 so absolutely nowhere near. The rules are clear. In my opinion the BP system has had an overwhemingly positive effect on the game. Even if you don't like it the worst team always goes down and the best team always win the league.

You know I am not in favour, how can it be fair to have lost 3 games out of 4 or 75% of your games and still be a point ahead of a team who has won 2 out of 4 games or has won/lost 50% of their games, I get the 4 tries but not getting anything for a close defeat.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

In the last 5 seasons 22 points would have been sufficient to survive, so my point certainly stands.

As someone who doesnt know a whole lot about Rugby I can see from an outsiders perspective the fallacy that myself and Esmond have pointed out. It´s total bullshit.

Going off topic but best team wins the league? Not in my limited knowledge!

Finally, it seems strange that a shedload of games so far this season have finished in 7 point wins. What a coincidence! Or more likely once you have secured a bonus point there is no real incentive to push for a draw or win in case you put the bonus at risk.

Edited by cidercity1987

25 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You know I am not in favour, how can it be fair to have lost 3 games out of 4 or 75% of your games and still be a point ahead of a team who has won 2 out of 4 games or has won/lost 50% of their games, I get the 4 tries but not getting anything for a close defeat.

One of teams above Bristol have less wins and a worse points difference. Totally contrived confusion!

27 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

In the last 5 seasons 22 points would have been sufficient to survive, so my point certainly stands.

As someone who doesnt know a whole lot about Rugby I can see from an outsiders perspective the fallacy that myself and Esmond have pointed out. It´s total bullshit.

Going off topic but best team wins the league? Not in my limited knowledge!

Finally, it seems strange that a shedload of games so far this season have finished in 7 point wins. What a coincidence! Or more likely once you have secured a bonus point there is no real incentive to push for a draw or win in case you put the bonus at risk.

Fair enough Newcastle stayed up in 2013/14 with 22 points but since then second bottom have always ended up with more points. 

Admittedly I don't watch a lot of English rugby but I watch almost all PRO14 and European games and with respect I totally disagree with you about the bonus points. In my experience you see a lot more matches where teams throw everything at a losing cause to get a BP rather than shutting up shop. Maybe the PRO14 is different from the EP in that regard though. 

In my opinion Bristol will be fine this season and will be able to push on nicely after surviving.

• Like 2

Our wonderful Ashton bus Metro fiasco has dropped to a new level

The metro bus which ain't no good for night time match's and which us football fans have to pay for.

Will be FREE for the rugger boys on Saturday.

Let's see if we will be given the same privilege for our next home Saturday game against Stoke City 

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Our wonderful Ashton bus Metro fiasco has dropped to a new level

The metro bus which ain't no good for night time match's and which us football fans have to pay for.

Will be FREE for the rugger boys on Saturday.

Let's see if we will be given the same privilege for our next home Saturday game against Stoke City 

Always believed this myself but noticed on the Metrobus site that the gates are locked at 22.45. Maybe it is ok for weekday evenings if you are prepared to walk back? I sent a message to Metrobus about using the facility for City games but didn't get a reply! 

Long Ashton Park & Ride, BS3 2HB

• 1500 parking spaces
  • Free parking and no need to display a ticket
  • Open from 5.30am Monday to Saturday, closed Sundays and public holidays
  • Closed and locked overnight at 22.45pm Monday to Saturday
  • Overnight parking is not permitted
  • If your vehicle is locked in, please call 0117 903 1550. Bristol City Council retains the right to charge for the call out service and the vehicle release fee is £25.
Edited by Red Grovesy
Spelling
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, RedM said:

They said 2000 City ST holders took up the ticket offer. Must admit the atmosphere seemed better today, lots more jumping out of their seats for Trys than I’ve ever seen. A great game for a ‘first’ I would think.

Interesting as I know a couple of Bath supporters that went yesterday and they were whinging about how they didn't like the crowd saying it wasn't a 'proper' rugby crowd. Had the same when I was with Bath mates for the opening game.

Personally I hope the partisan atmosphere continues and stuff other rugby fans. We're the 'big city' club in the Premiership really so would expect it to be a bit different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

What I found odd there was a large group of Gloucester supporters all sat in their red shirts

I couldn't understand why they would go to a game where their side is not playing and then wear your own colours

City fans using their free tickets?