IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

11 hours ago, phantom said:

Is it normal that there is no clock shown on the scoreboard? 

Also thought it odd the only one that seemed to be in the ground was this one counting down - but was in such an odd place 

Screenshot_20180930-094122_Twitter.jpg

There's also one underneath the scoreboard in the dolman/Atyeo corner.

Althoufh when the sun is out it is nigh on impossible to read

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I enjoyed the game .Was sat with two Rugby fans ,one City fan and a gashead :laugh:

Was surprised how the Bristol fans reacted when the Saints fans started chanting .Lots of booing ,which I thought didnt happen with the Rugger Buggers .All fans together just loving the game was how I thought it was meant to be ?

Liked it though and joined in with the Bristol chants .

Great game ,was very entertaining and drinking while watching a bonus ?

• Admin
2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

There's also one underneath the scoreboard in the dolman/Atyeo corner.

Althoufh when the sun is out it is nigh on impossible to read

Cheers, I was in E34 so a blind spot to me (and many others after the sun by the sounds of things)

15 minutes ago, Mr Roper said:

I enjoyed the game .Was sat with two Rugby fans ,one City fan and a gashead :laugh:

I went with a Rovers fan that hadn't been to AG8 for many a year, he struggled to admit it but he was surprised how great the stadium and the surrounding area was

He got a bit of an education in the 3 Lions before the game too :sub:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Oh dear. Bristol getting well and truly dicked at Worcester. Currently 45-7 down after scoring first. Shocking result.

I know, I’ve come home from football and found my other half getting as frustrated as I was. Shocking day today. 

• Admin
10 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Read just now that the Care Bears will sign Nathan Hughes from Wasps for £500,000 a year for next season. Good player but never worth that money.

55 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I thought it was for this season ie now 

He's yet to say 100% if he is joining, he is waiting to see if Wasps match the offer Bristol have tabled

It is for next season

Don't think I've seen the word "rugger" used so much before, must be City's prawn sandwich brigade and/or Barfers? 

Anyway, "500,000 grand"? Aka 500,000,000 - five hundred million pounds? At 500 grand it's probably a bit too much, probably an agent fishing. At this rate largely irrelevant as we will be back in the championship if Pat can't fix his mess. Started off very well and we should be improving but the opposite is happening, started during second half of Glos away and it's been downhill since. Worrying and he's obviously been given much more of a budget than Robinson did who lost his job for a handful of similar results on the back of injuries.

Also unless we do a Barf/Sarries and break the salary cap (Bris aren't a favoured club like those and will be harshly punished instead of brushed under carpet) it is impossible to do a Man City. Pretty much every club is spending up to the cap.

On 28/10/2018 at 18:05, Dylan said:

Wow 500,000 grand a year for hughes. He's a good player but that's a serious amount of money. 

Bristol will blow everyone away with spending like that.

The man city of rugby.

SL must prefer rugby I reckon

500k a year equates to under 10k a week. 

The likes of Webster, Baker, weimann, hunt, kalas, Diedhiou will all be on more than that. 

But odd to say sl prefers rugby off the back of that... 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JBFC II said:

500k a year equates to under 10k a week. 

The likes of Webster, Baker, weimann, hunt, kalas, Diedhiou will all be on more than that. 

But odd to say sl prefers rugby off the back of that... 

Yes I suppose you are correct when you break it down like that. 

500,000 a year seems a lot for rugby, how times have changed I can remember it being amateur and seeing top level players pissed right up in the Chinese after a match on a Saturday. Those were good days cheap to get in

I'm a cherry and whites man 

15 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yes I suppose you are correct when you break it down like that. 

500,000 a year seems a lot for rugby, how times have changed I can remember it being amateur and seeing top level players pissed right up in the Chinese after a match on a Saturday. Those were good days cheap to get in

I'm a cherry and whites man 

Yep rugby has changed a lot, the money in the game now is massive compared to even 5 years ago. It won't be long before the wage cap is scrapped I fear, then it will turn into football... 

• Like 1