IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

OK good comeback and would've taken two bonus pts before the game but still need wins from the next three now. Newcastle home is a must win.

Comparatively, Bristol are 9 points better off than 2 seasons ago.  Need at least 2 wins from the next 4 though.  It's a lottery who's going down this year.  Wouldn't surprise me if an established side went (ie Saints, Bath, Quins).   

4 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I love this. Love it. To think that CP - allegedly the highest paid player - is probably on roughly the same as Marlon Pack is nuts. City could learn a lot from their Bristol Sport team mates. 

• Like 1

Great game. The sending off obviously helped but Bristol were dominant well before that, they certainly weren’t going to lose today. We did everything right and looked confident and well drilled at all times. We got a lot, we’ll all, the decisions from the Ref, and rightly so as Leicester weren’t above trying a few underhand tactics. We pretty much held our discipline and didn’t give away silly fouls. 

I don’t much like the mixing of the fans, especially when you find yourself surrounded by Leicester fans shouting Tigers every few minutes, but it was great to see one bloke in particular get quieter and quieter and sit back down and finally shut up. :clapping:

26 minutes ago, RedM said:

Great game. The sending off obviously helped but Bristol were dominant well before that, they certainly weren’t going to lose today. We did everything right and looked confident and well drilled at all times. We got a lot, we’ll all, the decisions from the Ref, and rightly so as Leicester weren’t above trying a few underhand tactics. We pretty much held our discipline and didn’t give away silly fouls. 

I don’t much like the mixing of the fans, especially when you find yourself surrounded by Leicester fans shouting Tigers every few minutes, but it was great to see one bloke in particular get quieter and quieter and sit back down and finally shut up. :clapping:

Should have given him a "Leeds fan" reception. :laugh:

What was the crowd ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. Same if Leicester went.

Based on yesterday, Leicester look likeliest.  Considering they had 5 full current England internationals, they were pitiful.  Sending off clouded how bad they were.  Sometimes you're most in danger when you think it won't happen to you..   

36 minutes ago, TomF said:

Did they ever decide about expanding the league to 14 and remove relegation or is it still as is for time being?

The problem is that would mean 4 more weekend fixtures and the calendar is already chocca...I think expanding to 13 is just about doable and would enable the thirteenth shareholder, London Irish, to join a ring fenced Premiership.

25 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

The problem is that would mean 4 more weekend fixtures and the calendar is already chocca...I think expanding to 13 is just about doable and would enable the thirteenth shareholder, London Irish, to join a ring fenced Premiership.

The article I saw that suggested an expansion said they’d get rid of a cup competition to compensate. I think. I’ll try and find it. 

From The Times 

Premiership clubs in talks to end relegation and expand league to 13 sides 

The Premiership clubs have recommenced negotiations to bring an end to promotion and relegation, with a new possibility of expanding the Gallagher Premiership to a 13-club league. 
The Times has learnt that some clubs would be keen to pull up the trap door immediately and therefore ensure that no one would be relegated at the end of this season. 
The first nine rounds of this season’s Premiership competition have established a situation where seven clubs are at risk of relegation, arguably nine. It is this fear that has focussed minds. 
The subject of ringfencing has been an occasional discussion point among the clubs and came close to being waved through earlier this year. The major sticking point, then, was the fact there are 13 professional clubs with shares in Premier Rugby Limited — the 12 in the Premiership, plus London Irish, who are leading the Championship — and how, therefore, to cut the number to ringfence a league of 12. 
One of the new proposals is simply to expand the Premiership into a 13-club competition. 
This would require an extra four Premiership weekends each season. These weekends would be made available by the cancelling of the new Premiership Cup competition. 
While some clubs are keen to scrap relegation as soon as possible, it remains unlikely that it could be achieved swiftly enough to prevent any club being relegated this season. 
A Premiership spokesman today confirmed that ringfencing was again being discussed. “It’s been on the agenda for 20 years,” he said, “and will always be debated.”