IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

Bristol side for the trip to Russia to face Einsei

I'd never heard of einsei until this challenge cup campaign and looking at their record (1 point picked up so far in an 80 point thrashing at home to la rochelle....) you'd back bristol to win comfortably, however its good to see we haven't gone for a complete reserve side and a few 'fringe' first team players have been given a shot. 

Also good to see a full EPQ side

dwdgmiewsaatlne.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Whilst he's obviously a good player, I think that Hughes is a bit overrated. He'd be a huge upgrade on the likes of Crane anyway, providing he gets an injury-free run.

I'd like to think we'll keep Jordan Crane but let Jack Lam go.  Haining and Crane are good back ups.  A back row of Thomas, Luatua and Hughes is as good as any in the Premiership.  What we now need is a quality 9...

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

I'd like to think we'll keep Jordan Crane but let Jack Lam go.  Haining and Crane are good back ups.  A back row of Thomas, Luatua and Hughes is as good as any in the Premiership.  What we now need is a quality 9...

Any possibility of an extension for George Smith? I don't follow the Premiership very closely so no idea about how much he's played. Quite the back row by Premiership standards I agree!

4 hours ago, The Bard said:

...and Harry Randall isn't?

I'd be interested to hear who you think may be available and would be an improvement.

18 hours ago, The Bard said:

Pat has already said we won't be bringing a new 9 in as both Randall and Uren need the game time to develop. 

I'd personally let Crane go as well as Lam, Haining has the potential to be a good Premiership player and if you add the likes of James Dun and Sam Graham into the mix, as well as Luatua, we have enough options there with Hughes

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

...and Harry Randall isn't?

I'd be interested to hear who you think may be available and would be an improvement.

Dunno.  Just think he's very young and in my head we should be thinking top notch at 8,9,10.  There have inevitably been a couple of disappointing signings.  Stirzaker defintiely one of them, the Lay brothers another 2

29 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Dunno.  Just think he's very young and in my head we should be thinking top notch at 8,9,10.  There have inevitably been a couple of disappointing signings.  Stirzaker defintiely one of them, the Lay brothers another 2

Bit harsh on the lay brothers with James only joining a few weeks ago and Jordan being injured until the end of November 

On 16 January 2019 at 20:27, The Bard said:

Personally I think Harry Randall is already top notch and will continue to improve with premiership exposure, age is just a number and we are lucky to have a player of such class in our starting line up.

• Like 2