IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

Great game, really enjoyed that. We have been close in so many games, thought we were going to be cruelly denied at the death again tonight. And we won a trophy too!

Bed now and on to Preston

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

That's pretty amateurish all round  (lines included)!

And none of the officials noticed!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, TomF said:

Worcester you useless shites. I swear they’re sent back in time to repeatedly cause us misery.   Would have said Newcastle were all but down had they lost today. Hope we can keep the gap +5 points going into the final game 

We're still closer to Wasps in 5th place than we are to Newcastle in last place.

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

on the bright side..................no bonus points .

Bit lucky in that respect- watched a bit of the game and Newcastle had a pretty close try disallowed when well on top- would have been their 3rd try in half an hour and that momentum surely would have got them the bonus point- had 2 disallowed in fact, the other clearly not a try but 3 tries in first 30 mins or so would have given a great platform to get try 4 and a bonus point win.

• Like 2

On 01/03/2019 at 23:10, RedM said:

Great game, really enjoyed that. We have been close in so many games, thought we were going to be cruelly denied at the death again tonight. And we won a trophy too!

Bed now and on to Preston

And none of the officials noticed!

Atmosphere was something else too- not usually like that at rugby! Mates of mine could hear it all the way in Clifton.

Only one that I assume can compare (I missed it but assume it was similar)? was the Bath game in August.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Still buzzing from win over Glaws, much needed.

Saints away will be a tough game but it is winnable, we were absolutely robbed by a poor ref decision again in the reverse fixture earlier in the season (try scorer was told tackle held/complete when it clearly wasn't on review - even though assistant and TMO said he wasn't but overruled). We would have had 5 league points from that. 

As for atmosphere it used to be like that a lot of the time at Bris, I don't think the move to all-seating and away from long time fellow terrace dwellers helped. We're getting there though. Think if we keep improving on the pitch things will off it. 

18 hours ago, TomF said:

Worcester you useless shites. I swear they’re sent back in time to repeatedly cause us misery.   Would have said Newcastle were all but down had they lost today. Hope we can keep the gap +5 points going into the final game 

I watched most of it and Worcester were very poor. If they play like that in a couple of weeks at AG then we'll beat them comfortably. 

47 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I watched most of it and Worcester were very poor. If they play like that in a couple of weeks at AG then we'll beat them comfortably. 

They won't, we are their cup final (as are Leicester) and they're always up for the game.

Way the season is going we could send down Worcester if we let Newcastle win on the last day of the season. Would prefer to win though. 

Regardless of those 2, I think we have enough to stay up already- strong at home too, not just in terms of wins but performances. Away from home, unlike the start of the season increasingly 'in' games- nick a bonus point here and there either through keeping it tight or indeed rallying with a late try- Exeter and Harlequins losses respectively.

We'll be fine- Newcastle or Worcester for the drop.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Well either Worcester were really bad or Newcastle played a blinder as I couldn’t work out why Newcastle are propping up the table. Thought Flood played really well, and a couple of others. Bristol have a bit of confidence now though. 

Falcons looked good at Ashton Gate, definitely not the worst side we've seen there this season... Just that we were better on the day. I think that really took the wind out their sails as they targeted and wanted that win but didn't get it.

Side note there is this going around from Joe Joyce doing a Radio Bristol guest commentary slot on Friday night;

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcbristolsport/status/1101614192321286145

Professional and impartial ?

Edited by Rinkadink
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rinkadink said:

Falcons looked good at Ashton Gate, definitely not the worst side we've seen there this season... Just that we were better on the day. I think that really took the wind out their sails as they targeted and wanted that win but didn't get it.

Side note there is this going around from Joe Joyce doing a Radio Bristol guest commentary slot on Friday night;

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcbristolsport/status/1101614192321286145

Professional and impartial ?

Amazing. That's the kind of thing we need from local radio.

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

It's a shame that City are home on the same day, otherwise I would definitely be going. 

I've decided to go for Twickenham as I doubt I'll get another chance to go when it's so cheap although kind of gutted I'll be missing city...