IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Agreed. I’ve not been to the Rugby since they moved to Ashton Gate, although hope that they do well. 

I did go when they moved a few fixtures to AG in the past and just found it dull. 

Local derbies Vs Bath & Gloucester (I think) full houses, but no atmosphere other that the god awful “Briiiiiiiiiistooooool” and polite clapping when opponents scored the simplest of points. Not for me!

And don’t even get me started on the “C’mon Bris” thing. That really boils my piss..! Almost as much as the condescending superiority complex that Rugby fans, in general, have over football fans. 

I’d honestly rather go to a Rovers match (supporting the other team, obviously) 

So you'd rather give money to rovers than bristol sport? Right... 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

3pm ko too? It'll be light still so I take it you like a bit of added danger? 

Maybe he'll throw his stick out for one of they 'blind dogs' (as they were called in the 70s, before the political correctness mob got involved and decided to call 'em guide dogs instead).

Reckon it must be perpetual darkness for then blind dogs.

#ProperLogic.

?

35 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

So you'd rather give money to rovers than bristol sport? Right... 

He never said he went to see them at the Methane stadium, said he hasn't been since the permanent move to AG, but did go a few times in the past when one off games were moved to AG. 

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe he'll throw his stick out for one of they 'blind dogs' (as they were called in the 70s, before the political correctness mob got involved and decided to call 'em guide dogs instead).

Reckon it must be perpetual darkness for then blind dogs.

#ProperLogic.

?

Crikey. A thread of "Things that were acceptable in the 70s . . ." would raise a few eyebrows mind :whistle:

51 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Agreed. I’ve not been to the Rugby since they moved to Ashton Gate, although hope that they do well. 

I did go when they moved a few fixtures to AG in the past and just found it dull. 

Local derbies Vs Bath & Gloucester (I think) full houses, but no atmosphere other that the god awful “Briiiiiiiiiistooooool” and polite clapping when opponents scored the simplest of points. Not for me!

And don’t even get me started on the “C’mon Bris” thing. That really boils my piss..! Almost as much as the condescending superiority complex that Rugby fans, in general, have over football fans. 

I’d honestly rather go to a Rovers match (supporting the other team, obviously) 

The last city game I went too was against Bolton,I'd rather stick knitting needles up my cxxk than sit though 2 hours of that atmosphere again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Seeing as we’ve got no game to bother with and the England game is Friday night, I just wondered if many City fans will pitch up at AG for 3pm Saturday at the Bristol v. Worcester game? 

Its a massive game and a home win will go a long way to securing Prem status again next year. I expect a decent crowd and am quite surprised the club haven’t don’t more to encourage City fans to turn up and show their support. 

Would be nice to see the crowd swelled by a few who still haven’t had the chance to catch a rugby game. 

I would rather lightly fry my balls in hot oil

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

WTF is quilting? 

Are you trying to upset my wife. She spends much of her waking hours, quilting, dressmaking, knitting, crochet. Our dog has a specially made quilt to sleep on.

If it was a serious question, quilting is making a quilt with small pieces of material, originally invented to use up scraps and make something useful.

But don't start this new hobby on this coming Saturday.

Get down The Gate and support Bristol as they fight to gain another win against a side below them in the table, to help avoid the dreaded drop.

PS. Three of us City ST holders were at Wales v Ireland. Great atmosphere but one of the three wasn't very happy, cos he's got Irish in him. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I would be there, but it's the wife's birthday, and I'm not sure it's the romantic trip that she's looking for... 

Not sure the attendance is going to be that great, as they haven't really mentioned how the sales are going and I've noticed it's been heavily advertised on social media! 

Sure I saw somewhere it was up over 13k so far