IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

One thing I hate is when sides take ages to get to line outs and scrums. 

It's frustrating when you lose 10 minutes of a match watching a side walk towards a set piece... 

Bristol weren't good enough at the end of the day, that was a must win and we've somehow lost it... 

Just got home.... cracking game of rugby. Very exciting at times and the Bears shoulda/coulda won with but two missed penalty attempts.......both long range and both just drifting wide......shame.

One thing I really liked was the music when Bears scored ‘one step beyond, ‘baggy trousers’ and ‘it must be love’ all Madness songs. Really boosted the fans and the atmosphere.

There must be FA regulations as to why football clubs don’t do something similar. Shame,  it really does make a difference.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Just got home.... cracking game of rugby. Very exciting at times and the Bears shoulda/coulda won with but two missed penalty attempts.......both long range and both just drifting wide......shame.

One thing I really liked was the music when Bears scored ‘one step beyond, ‘baggy trousers’ and ‘it must be love’ all Madness songs. Really boosted the fans and the atmosphere.

There must be FA regulations as to why football clubs don’t do something similar. Shame,  it really does make a difference.

You really are on just one big wind up arnt you. 

Anyway on to the game. Defensively poor, didn't take our chances. Really is tight. I don't get down there for rugby as much as I should but it really is a strange atmosphere. Down by quite a few points against a relegation rival and all they care about is dancing on the screen. Very strange. 

I'm still salty. However a regular on the Wuss forum who likes his stats has put up finishing positions IF current form from the previous 5 is maintained;

Exeter	    81
Saracens    74
Gloucester  64
Harlequins  62
Saints	    52
Bath	    50
Sale	    49
Bristol	    46
Wasps	    43
Warriors    41
Falcons	    39
Tigers	    38

Doubt it would happen but I would giggle and expect no relegation to arrive at the last minute. What's interesting to me is that Rugby Pass' RPI had a similar projection on form before the break (Bris were 6th then though after the Northampton win).

Maybe that will cheer some up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

That’ll be 12 weeks in jail then.  

Sure A&S Police wil be knocking on his door at 4:00am. 

I await front page mugshots, Club statements, point deduction threats.

Naahhhh. It’s rugby, football supporters are easy pickings. 

A win Saturday would have sealed safety- any sort of win- in practical terms, but I still think Bristol have done enough...

Bear in mind that 10 points separate the bottom half and it could be a real scrap until the last 2 games- teams will take points off each other too.

Still, those sides who *could* theoretically go down. 5 games left so say even 5th placed Northampton 12 points above the drop 

Run-in for those theoretically in a relegation scrap:

Weekend of 5th-7th April 2019

5th April 2019

Sale v Harlequins

6th April 2019

• Bath v Bristol (Twickenham?)
  • Wasps v Worcester
  • Saracens v Newcastle
  • Leicester v Exeter

7th April 2019

Northampton v Gloucester

Weekend of 12th-14th April 2019

12th April 2019

Newcastle v Leicester

13th April 2019

• Worcester v Sale
  • Gloucester v Bath
  • Bristol v Saracens

14th April 2019

Exeter v Wasps

Weekend of 26th-28th April 2019

26th April 2019

Sale v Bath

27th April 2019

• Newcastle v Northampton
  • Leicester v Bristol
  • Wasps v Saracens

28th April 2019

Worcester v Gloucester

Weekend of 3rd-5th May 2019

3rd May 2019

• Bristol v Sale
  • Harlequins v Leicester

4th May 2019

• Northampton v Worcester
  • Gloucester v Newcastle

5th May 2019

• Bath v Wasps

18th May 2019- all fixtures kick off same time?

• Exeter v Northampton
  • Newcastle v Bristol
  • Leicester v Bath
  • Worcester v Saracens
  • Sale v Gloucester
  • Wasps v Harlequins

In reality I think it is between the bottom 4. It won't come to last game, felt Bristol were safe after that win v Gloucester, in practical terms at least. I think Bath, Sale, Northampton and maybe Wasps will move towards safety sooner if not later.

11 hours ago, Super said:

Can you see 2 wins out of those games?

We are capable of winning each one.  But also capable of losing each one. It's the nature of the league.  I think we'll win at Twickenham.  But lose at Newcastle for example.

The quicker Charles Piatau is back the better.  We certainly missed him last week.

• Admin

People complain about mistakes made by Bristol City / Bristol Sport, but La Rochelle may have topped the scale, they didn't send the tickets over for Bristol supporters for this Saturdays game

So all Bristol supporters have to queue up to collect their tickets from outside the ground in France

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

People complain about mistakes made by Bristol City / Bristol Sport, but La Rochelle may have topped the scale, they didn't send the tickets over for Bristol supporters for this Saturdays game

So all Bristol supporters have to queue up to collect their tickets from outside the ground in France

Poor old Janet Marks! I don;t understand why they didn't just email print-at-home tickets or even post them. Much easier and what someone I work with did weeks ago when tickets first came out.