IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

Also worth mentioning that Bristol are the second seeds from the Premiership for the draw. Two of the second ranked teams will be drawn into tier one with the other going into tier two. So one of Bristol, Stade and the Blues will be in tier two and theoretically end up with a more difficult draw.

I don't think that you can draw another team from the same league until tier four is drawn, so with that in mind you'd say that a good draw for Bristol would be to end up as one of the first seeds and get something like Blues, Pau and Calvisano. You'd have to fancy your chances of getting out of that group. There are eight French teams involved this season though so you're fairly likely to draw two of them.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2019 at 09:50, phantom said:

I was there on Saturday, as a guest of Sarries, was a great advert for rugby, nice free bar and food before the game - couldn't get enough down my neck :laugh:

FB_IMG_1559551767403.jpg

FB_IMG_1559551778529.jpg

FB_IMG_1559551781682.jpg

FB_IMG_1559551793107.jpg

I remember going to Twickers in the 60's.............totally different then, just three big old Archibald Leech double decker stands and an open end !

Absolutely stinking draw for us in the Heineken Cup. The seeding system needs sorting out really, we've drawn Sarries and Racing at least three times each in the last few years. You've also got the Champions, beaten finalists from the year before and a team who've made the semi finals for the last three seasons in the same pool. I was hoping for Toulouse or ASM, Saints or Quins and anyone but Montpellier. 

Lovely group for Leinster though!

Edited by MichaelRobartes

On 17/06/2019 at 11:32, phantom said:

@CyderInACan the league Premiership is scheduled to be from 20th October to 20th June when the final will be at Twickenham.

The other leagues will start on 21st September

The odd thing with rugby is that the fixtures get released from the lowest leagues upwards, not like football where it is the top league down

That could effect ability to host summer concerts at AG?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Think I saw Mark Kelly say other day already plans in place should bears finish in top 4 and get a home game

btw don’t understand rugby pre season, believe Bath report back for duty tomorrow with season months away....

Edited by Club and Country

16 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah Mark Jellly has prepared for the longer season including the playoffs and said it could only be 2 gigs but they’d be big ones rather than just having the for the sake of it. I’m really hoping for Metallica 

• Admin

Interesting only two Saturday games for the rugby, getting back to how they used to be

This should improve attendances so that combination players (which Bristol's fanbase has been historically well supported by) can now attend more games again

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting only two Saturday games for the rugby, getting back to how they used to be

This should improve attendances so that combination players (which Bristol's fanbase has been historically well supported by) can now attend more games again

And backtracking on last season's preferred timing of 3pm on a Saturday. The obvious knock-on affect though is that people who have bought STs for their younger kids (my lad is 6) will have a lot less games that they'll be able to take them to - which seeing as the Family Area was moved to cope with demand and be nearer the Community Corner does seems a tad counter-productive for the younger fans. 

• Like 1

• Admin
38 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

And backtracking on last season's preferred timing of 3pm on a Saturday. The obvious knock-on affect though is that people who have bought STs for their younger kids (my lad is 6) will have a lot less games that they'll be able to take them to - which seeing as the Family Area was moved to cope with demand and be nearer the Community Corner does seems a tad counter-productive for the younger fans. 

True, but Bristol have always traditionally never really played on a Saturday.

Last season seemed like an expirement and for whatever reason they have gone back to their former days

• Like 1

• Admin
13 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

Bath at home on the opening weekend of the Premiership then!! Friday 18th October - can't believe it's still over 3 months away!!

It is an odd one as it has been moved because of the rugby world cup, but why not move it so it starts after the RWC has finished?

Seems an odd way to change the dates

bears_1920_fixtures_full_twitface.jpg?wi

On 10/07/2019 at 12:56, phantom said:

True, but Bristol have always traditionally never really played on a Saturday.

Last season seemed like an expirement and for whatever reason they have gone back to their former days

On 10/07/2019 at 14:06, CyderInACan said:

I thought at the time it was allegedly due to fan feedback 

It was because of the sponsors of the Premiership trying to sell it to the US audience. Think they wanted games on Friday and Saturday so they could edit it for a highlights package to go with the game on Sunday. A bit like us splitting the football games over a Tuesday/Wednesday

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Any idea what the big announcements later today are?

Would imagine it’s a kit reveal, and announcement of Morahan signing a new deal together with maybe a couple of other renewals.

the way they’ve phrased the hashtag seems to rule out it being new signings. Hopefully I’m wrong though and it will be #announcegengey later!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperDziek said:

Would imagine it’s a kit reveal, and announcement of Morahan signing a new deal together with maybe a couple of other renewals.

the way they’ve phrased the hashtag seems to rule out it being new signings. Hopefully I’m wrong though and it will be #announcegengey later!

7 contract announcements and 2 kit reveals. Could be renewals, could be new signings. My bets are on renewals