IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

6 hours ago, phantom said:

20200825_222357.jpg

Great work from the Bears media, I guess they had two graphics prepared depending on the outcome as I would hate to think they had decided on defeat.

It looked like we were in for a stuffing at HT,  the wind must have been a big factor as it was a lot more even in the second half. Wayne Barnes as usual just seemed to be looking for an excuse to make Exeter come out on top, and to be fair they didn’t need too much of his help. They did a job on Ranrandra (sp) and we never looked like we did on Friday. 

One of those games though when I really wanted to be there

On 04/09/2020 at 21:15, Northern Red said:

Good win against a team that we never seem to beat.

No idea why Piatau was sent to the bin. Aside from a few handbags his crime appeared to be getting punched in the face.

You can see here that Piatau lands a punch. Strange that he wasn't red carded in the game. He and Kitchener should have a few weekends off after that.

On 07/09/2020 at 14:48, MichaelRobartes said:

You can see here that Piatau lands a punch. Strange that he wasn't red carded in the game. He and Kitchener should have a few weekends off after that.

I couldn’t understand it either. Wayne Barnes said to him at the time something like I can’t have you rolling around screaming at everyone. I’m not sure what happens in rugby, but is this discliplinary panel thing only because a red card received by the other player or Worcester complained we did the same?

Edit, ignore that. I see he was cited.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

A very comfortable win tonight. Pity the Saints lost their skipper to injury but couldn’t replace him - not sure why...........:dunno:

Against 14 the Bears tore them apart. Full points takes them into second.

Because he was their replacement loose head prop and it wasn’t a head injury. So by forcing uncontested scrums they also have to lose a player. It’s slightly harsh but does mean that teams won’t have their replacement prop go down ‘injured’ if their scrum is getting blitzed (a la saints tonight)

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Pat's not happy with the Piatau ban, had a proper moan on BT afterwards.

Rightly so. Can’t see how a defensive punch, after being attacked, is the same as 3 punches (2 to the head whilst the other player is lying defenceless on the floor) on top of telling the referee to **** off. Bizarre decision

• Like 3