IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

Now I know the result I’m gutted I wasn’t there as usual to watch, it would have been a hard watch though. Well done Bears, very proud. Put Bristol on the map for sure.

Felt sorry for fans in pubs though being kicked out before the match finished!

Fantastic result for Bristol and I know that 27,000 fans would have created a fantastic atmosphere. 

Not to get too ahead of myself as my words may come back to bite me but to me Dragons and Bordeaux were the danger teams for Bristol having watched Leicester this season and Toulon's quarter final there wasn't really anything that scared me unlike Jalibert, Tameifuna, Cordero and Woki. Jalibert I feel is going to be Framce's first choice fly half with Ntamack moving to 12 (ala Ford and Farrell). 

Must have been gutting for those that went to the pub though. 

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Know a few people that watched the match in pubs and they all stayed open until the end of the game. It overran by less than 10 mins so good to see common sense prevailing. 

I watched the match at my buddies house and as extra time started we all wondered about those who had gone to the pub. Good to see common sense prevailing.

Watching the match with two avid Bears fans was enjoyable in itself...................:rofl2br:

They were both anxious that even when the Bears were 14 points up with 5 mins to go that Bristol would lose. They couldn’t accept that with two converted tries needed that it was now easy peasy.....

39 minutes ago, Midred said:

Could understand why Semi got sin binned but as the commentators said Bordeaux were getting away with murder. Half their team must have committed a high tackle by the end and although they gave away penalties non were yellow carded, if only to set an example.

But great win!

Yeah....the referee was very inconsistent and Bordeaux were repeatedly coming in from the side but weren’t penalised and as for their high tackles..........:disapointed2se:

Tbh I though Semi getting sin binned was harsh compared to other high tackles that went unpenalised.

• Like 1

• Admin

tigers-team-new.jpg

Figure image

Craig Maxwell-Keys will take charge of Leicester Tigers’ trip to Bristol Bears in Round 21 of the Gallagher Premiership season this Wednesday (September 30, 5.30pm), replacing Christoph Ridley who was originally appointed to officiate the fixture. 

He will be assisted from the Ashton Gate touchlines by Tom Foley and Paul Dix, while Claire Hodnett serves as Television Match Official in place of Maxwell-Keys. 

David Guyan is named as citing officer.

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

tigers-team-new.jpg

Figure image

Craig Maxwell-Keys will take charge of Leicester Tigers’ trip to Bristol Bears in Round 21 of the Gallagher Premiership season this Wednesday (September 30, 5.30pm), replacing Christoph Ridley who was originally appointed to officiate the fixture. 

He will be assisted from the Ashton Gate touchlines by Tom Foley and Paul Dix, while Claire Hodnett serves as Television Match Official in place of Maxwell-Keys. 

David Guyan is named as citing officer.

I'm not a rugby fan (don't understand it) but why do they always announce the team a day or so before the game? Surely (like football) keep the other lot guessing.........element of surprise .

Sad to see the demise of Leicester as a force, they used to be THE team to beat and now they'd be hard pressed to beat an egg.  When did they get so shit?

Great result for the Bears, bonus point and everything goes to the last round of games.  Come on the Bears for the top 4!

23 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Sad to see the demise of Leicester as a force, they used to be THE team to beat and now they'd be hard pressed to beat an egg.  When did they get so shit?

Great result for the Bears, bonus point and everything goes to the last round of games.  Come on the Bears for the top 4!

Like football rugby is cyclical. Very few football clubs stay at the top with Liverpool and Arsenal being the only two exceptions.

Leicester Tigers will return in the future.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No matter what happens now this must be Bristol's best ever season since the Premiership began (1987?), and if we bag the Challenge Cup, best season ever?

Think it matched 06-07 on points but the tries scored massively outweighed then.