IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Same, just thinking how much better it could have been. Here's to some big European games in the next couple of years we can attend ?

Brilliant second half, Pat Lam is honorary Bristolian of the year. 

Just saying the same to a mutual friend!! 
I’m no real rugby man compared to football but we would have been there for the crack, there would have been thousands now out on the piss!! 

• Like 4

Simply incredible. 

In the space of a couple of years the forward momentum of this club has been superb, from looking like a return to the top table was a long way off with that defeat at Worcester to now, European Champions, so bloody proud of what is being built at by Pat Lam and co. 

That defensive set between 62-65 mins just epitomised it for me. The never say die attitude, grit and toughness to keep some huge Toulon men out, was superb. The culture at the club, led by Pat, is wonderful, and that was highlighted with the huddle and rendition of blackbird post match. People will talk about the money, about semi, Piutau, Sinckler and co, but what makes this Bristol side so special is that spirit and togetherness, with the likes of Joe Joyce and Andy Uren at the centre of it, and we’re looking like the only way is up from here.

So, so proud tonight. Incredible stuff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I still hate the name but I bloody love the game.

Pat Lam is awesome.

Bris were great tonight to keep sticking at it and getting the results.

How bloody typical to have spent years watching Bris through thick and thin in the sodding championship and we finally taste success and it's in empty (or almost empty stadiums).

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Just saying the same to a mutual friend!! 
I’m no real rugby man compared to football but we would have been there for the crack, there would have been thousands now out on the piss!! 

Back in May in Marseille if Covid hadn't have happened, thousands of Bristolians on the slosh in Vieux Port and not a Russian in sight! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RedM said:

So proud of my rugby team, certainly put Bristol on the map. Pat Lam is God.

I'm struggling to think of any single person that has done more for the city of Bristol over the past few years than Pat Lam. 

His constant references to Bristolians and making them proud and inspiring the community through success in rugby is incredible. Who even refers to people from Bristol as Bristolians anymore? Not even Bristolians themselves. 

A complete inspiration and I hope he continues to build the club going forward. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1