IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

Magnificent, especially the second half performance.

Our greatest away performance in Europe and I didn't think I'd see anything to top Biarritz in 2000 when we won with the last play of the game, going the length of the field to score. 

And for all the attention the star signings get, there would have been 5 Bristolians and one from Yeovil out there tonight if it wasn't for injury.

It's been a long road since winning the Cup in 83 but we're back where we belong, mixing it with the best and - just as importantly - doing it in style.

It's been emotional, as someone once said, and god willing this is just the start. 

• Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Joe Joyce has triggered them tonight! Check out this deluded whopper!

**** em, most Sagheads say they prefer Bath now anyway.

Horrible little worms.

Sooner they move away again the better.

Well done Joe, anything that triggers Sagheads is fine by me ?

• Like 1

Joe Joyce will have to be careful the gas will complain about City riling them up again! 

"surely we can write to the FA about Rugby Player Joe Joyce saying he was happy we waz relegated" 

33 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Boycott Sainsbury’s. Boycott MansionBet. Boycott Bristol Rugby.

Anything that these ‘always the victims’ Sags don’t boycott? 

I was going to say their "stadium" but with their attendances pre-covid not so sure about that. 

Edited by BetterRedthenBlue
Changed stadium because its harsh to call it one as its more akin to a festival camp site or circus.

35 minutes ago, RedRock said:

No longer Basement Rovers FC, now Boycott Rovers FC. 

They like boycotting class and morals too do boycott offended by everything ashamed of nothing rovers Fc 

Edited by HoldenBall
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

No longer Basement Rovers FC, now Boycott Rovers FC. 

I believe there is a company that you can pay who organise personal video messages and calls from famous people.

Wonder if it's possible to get Geoff Boycott to wish City and the Bears good luck for the future.

Then the Fewers will have to boycott Boycott. Granted, the world might implode trying to deal with that, but it could be a laugh.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I would have thought that they would have been more upset that this was coming from a "meader", further evidence of their dwindling influence in previously assumed home territory.

There has always been plenty of City in The Mead. 

Edited by Rebounder
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Imagine supporting a team so utterly rubbish that literally the greatest moment in your entire history is when your city rivals had an amazingly successful season and almost got promoted to the richest division in the world.

"Yeah we dropped out of the entire football league, but you were just 90 minutes away from one of the biggest sports divisions in the world!"

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm struggling to think of any single person that has done more for the city of Bristol over the past few years than Pat Lam. 

His constant references to Bristolians and making them proud and inspiring the community through success in rugby is incredible. Who even refers to people from Bristol as Bristolians anymore? Not even Bristolians themselves. 

A complete inspiration and I hope he continues to build the club going forward. 

Impressive guy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

One of them also had to mention their favourite player.

????

What an absolute belter.! 

No, he didn't mention Windass' goal, because he was too busy talking about the moments where we knocked Manchester United out of the 1/4 finals of a major cup competition, and when you were relegated out of the entire football league..!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

One of them also had to mention their favourite player.

????

Brilliant Joycey! 

I know a few Sags who were watching last night. Celebrating wildly and then hearing that and watching them go into instantaneous meltdown was absolutely ******* priceless! “Shithead Lady Garden! Turn it off! Turn that ******* shithead off and turn it back on in a minute”.

”******* hell! Blackbird! ******* shithead song. Turn the ******* thing off again!”

Oh the GIFT ? just keeps on giving!

????????

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

What`s he actually said that has triggered the tent dwellers? The speakers on my lap top have decided to pack up.

He cried tears of joy and the other times that he has cried tears of joy is when Korey Smith scored against Man U and when Rovers got relegated ?

34 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Brilliant Joycey! 

I know a few Sags who were watching last night. Celebrating wildly and then hearing that and watching them go into instantaneous meltdown was absolutely ******* priceless! “Shithead Lady Garden! Turn it off! Turn that ******* shithead off and turn it back on in a minute”.

”******* hell! Blackbird! ******* shithead song. Turn the ******* thing off again!”

Oh the GIFT ? just keeps on giving!

????????

They do love a lady garden ??