IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

9 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Am I allowed to say I enjoy watching Bristol Rugby more than watching City?

You aren’t alone, even when they lose I enjoy watching Bristol more at the moment. 

Good win in the end, especially considering the front row struggles. Going to need to step it up massively for Exeter but hopefully with the positive tested players back we’ll be more competitive at set pieces.

What a shame about that try as well! Glorious rugby

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

You aren’t alone, even when they lose I enjoy watching Bristol more at the moment. 

Good win in the end, especially considering the front row struggles. Going to need to step it up massively for Exeter but hopefully with the positive tested players back we’ll be more competitive at set pieces.

What a shame about that try as well! Glorious rugby

The likes of Earl, Malins, Dan Thomas and others should all be back from rest as well so we should be much stronger.

29 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Indeed, this thought occurred after the Clermont game. The disparity between Mr Lansdown's two "products" is startling, isn't it 

Increasingly finding it’s the rugby product as a whole than attracts me, the mutual respect between the ref and players, the clear and concise explanations by the ref of decisions, the lack of feigning injury, the absolute commitment by all players to the cause, even the commentary and expert opinions  .... there’s a lot that football could learn.

Struth if my (rugby addicted, sadly deceased) father could hear me now!

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

I really enjoyed the game - Falcons are a very decent outfit and the Bears defended fantastically well to deny them they were on top. Held them up twice when they were over the line.

Richards not particularly gracious in defeat either. Complaining that the spine of the team was missing. Pat Lam only mentioned how well his young forwards had done. Gulf in class there.

• Like 2

Just now, Robbored said:

I really enjoyed the game - Falcons are a very decent outfit and the Bears defended fantastically well to deny them they were on top. Held them up twice when they were over the line.

Richards not particularly gracious in defeat either. Complaining that the spine of the team was missing. Pat Lam only mentioned how well his young forwards had done. Gulf in class there.

Dean Richards isn’t exactly one of the most pleasant people in rugby. Bloodgate sums him up nicely...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TomF said:

Disallowed try of the season ?

It was a beautiful try. Gutted it didn’t stand as something that well worked now won’t be shown over and over again. Also how fantastic would have it have been in front of a packed AG. 

9 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Forgot to post this before for anyone interested. The Loose Head is well worth a follow on Twitter and a podcast listen. He's got several other high-profile coaches on for this series too:

Thanks for that. On sports psychology Lam sounds peerless. Can see why players love playing for him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Wasps most improved team in Premiership in last year or so..?

A lot of it is down to Willis, when he starts they win more often than not.

I do feel they get away with a lot at the breakdown, but fair play to them. Their aggressive style has certainly worked in their favour so far, and they’ll be a threat come the end of the season to Exeter and Bristol

5 hours ago, Midred said:

Wow! 34 - 5, was that Exeter's 5th team?

Not quite but virtually a second string pack and also without their 2 best backs. Wasps at full strength, I think.

All teams do it - occasionally "sacrifice" a fixture to rest key players. It's a brutal game these days.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

46 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

A lot of it is down to Willis, when he starts they win more often than not.

I do feel they get away with a lot at the breakdown, but fair play to them. 

You should have seen Dallaglio play - constantly offside at ruck and maul while simultaneously telling the ref how to ref.

T w a t (not when playing for England though, obviously).

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2