IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

13 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Also regarding the atmosphere, I found the guy on the PA constantly trying to whip the crowd up cringeworthy.

He was bloody awful as well as the game.Even the rugby fans I was sat with said it was embarrasing.Andy Robinson should have been replaced along with his coaching staff last season and a new backroom appointed. They had the biggest squad and the most money of any club last season and still had to score 30 odd points to win a game.His demeanour and body language says it all.

Edited by CityCiderEd
spell
  • Like 1

I've been going regularly this season and I have to say this was the worst performance of the season, we lacked any sort of commitment going forward and seemed to kick the ball away at every opportunity. I hoped we may win a game for once but it looks like we may do a London Welsh

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well at least you lot in with your free ticket. 

I have mine to a friend who has messaged to say that they wouldn't let him in with it and asked to see my season ticket. 

He couldn't resolve it and they turned him away! 

Not good!

That part of it went smoothly for us. Was able to load ticket onto City season card. Also good to sample West Stand. Shame Bristol were so poor that's all. 

I won't be going again. It was a completely different world to Football. It was just far to slow for my liking.

The only good thing was there was more choice for food, I had an amazing burger and my friend was performing on the stage after the match and this produced w very good lively crowd until the bar decided to close early with hundreds still there.

Sometimes I do question if we have monkeys running the show at Ashton Gate???

• Like 1

Dear me this thread makes for dreadful reading! Bit of a rugby novice - have Bristol not got a reasonable chance of survival if it's only one to go down?

Also, why are they so ill-prepared for the Premiership? Have they not been given the investment they need? It just doesn't feel very Lansdown-like to let this happen - I know we've had our struggles but, ultimately, lack of investment has not really been the issue.

Genuinely curious.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Dear me this thread makes for dreadful reading! Bit of a rugby novice - have Bristol not got a reasonable chance of survival if it's only one to go down?

Also, why are they so ill-prepared for the Premiership? Have they not been given the investment they need? It just doesn't feel very Lansdown-like to let this happen - I know we've had our struggles but, ultimately, lack of investment has not really been the issue.

Genuinely curious.

Firstly, we should have a good chance of survival but the way we've been playing we really don't look like staying up

Lansdown went for big money signings in the summer and they didn't materialise so we were left with very few signings and a very similar squad to the one of last season which is no where near good enough. In rugby its so much more difficult to bring in quality as the gap between the premiership and championship is so great, you can have as much money as you want but with wage caps etc bigger clubs are always going to get the better players

Shackled to a corpse methinks. I've got no interest in rugby...when you watch it live you can never work out who on earth has got the ball! Or what on earth is going on half the time. I didn't take up this offer and in truth really don't give two hoots how the rugby lot perform...which I guess is a shame and not the point of Bristol Sport. On the other hand I was really pleased to see the women's football team get promoted...

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Firstly, we should have a good chance of survival but the way we've been playing we really don't look like staying up

Lansdown went for big money signings in the summer and they didn't materialise so we were left with very few signings and a very similar squad to the one of last season which is no where near good enough. In rugby its so much more difficult to bring in quality as the gap between the premiership and championship is so great, you can have as much money as you want but with wage caps etc bigger clubs are always going to get the better players

Interesting. Shades of our 2015 summer then? (without wanting to open that can of worms again!)

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Genuinely curious.

I suppose you have to look like you can actually win games and since the opening day v Harlequins that has looked an impossible dream i'm afraid.

One of the problems is that top clubs will start signing the best players for the next season in January. Bristol's play-off campaign carried on until almost June so they did not know for sure they would be in the Premiership until then. Most of the players had already opted for other clubs by then. 

Plus the gap is wider than ever. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

One of the problems is that top clubs will start signing the best players for the next season in January. Bristol's play-off campaign carried on until almost June so they did not know for sure they would be in the Premiership until then. Most of the players had already opted for other clubs by then. 

Plus the gap is wider than ever. 

That maybe a symptom but it's not the real problem, despite having the biggest budget by a country mile in the championship Robinson's tactics failed miserably in 2 play off's and he nearly blew it last season.

He is tactically inept and basically failed in every coaching role he has ever had.

if he survives todays loss it will be a poor decision by the owner IMHO.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

That maybe a symptom but it's not the real problem, despite having the biggest budget by a country mile in the championship Robinson's tactics failed miserably in 2 play off's and he nearly blew it last season.

He is tactically inept and basically failed in every coaching role he has ever had.

if he survives todays loss it will be a poor decision by the owner IMHO.

I personally found it astonishing that he was given a new deal in the summer, I'd imagine the cost to get rid of him would be astronomical.

• Like 2