IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

Step one: Make the home shirt the same so everyone who wants to buy a new shirt buys the away shirt.

Step two: Make the away shirt all red to make it 'on brand' and get people 'used to it'

Step three: Add more red to the following seasons home shirt

Step four: Repeat until the home shirt is all red

Bristol Sport. Diluting 130 years of history since 2014

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Two comments, didn't take long for the red shirt, but what the heck are all those random Bristol sport logos all over the shirts? 

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out, absolutely shocking. Luckily for me Munster's new jerseys are horrible as well so I'll save about £60!

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Really like the away shirt but i wish they would get rid of the red on the home kit

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Step one: Make the home shirt the same so everyone who wants to buy a new shirt buys the away shirt.

Step two: Make the away shirt all red to make it 'on brand' and get people 'used to it'

Step three: Add more red to the following seasons home shirt

Step four: Repeat until the home shirt is all red

Bristol Sport. Diluting 130 years of history since 2014

Agree apart from I think the away shirt is horrible @JBFC II! If they decided to bung some blue on our home jerseys then there'd be a good few annoyed people.

Totally agree with you @Welcome To The Jungle I'd be amazed if the Bristol home jerseys aren't red within ten years or so.

Just now, MichaelRobartes said:

Totally agree with you @Welcome To The Jungle I'd be amazed if the Bristol home jerseys aren't red within ten years or so.

But some will still not hear a bad word about Lord Steve of Guernsey. This move is so Vincent Tan esc, except he is gradually doing it like a slimy toad rather than having the balls to just change it. 

The difference between Tan and Lansdown is that Lansdown is securing Bristol for the future and building a team that will challenge at the top of rugby, however I do agree that the red shouldn't be on the home kit, Bristol have always been blue and white hoops, never red

15 hours ago, JBFC II said:

The difference between Tan and Lansdown is that Lansdown is securing Bristol for the future and building a team that will challenge at the top of rugby, however I do agree that the red shouldn't be on the home kit, Bristol have always been blue and white hoops, never red

Tan built a team that made the Premier League and expanded the Stadium so it is now in the top 20 club stadia in the country in terms of capacity. I don't really get your point. Two men who are willing to shit on generations of history just for a bit of success. 

19 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Tan built a team that made the Premier League and expanded the Stadium so it is now in the top 20 club stadia in the country in terms of capacity. I don't really get your point. Two men who are willing to shit on generations of history just for a bit of success. 

Tan built a team that made the prem but he never built one that was going to stay there, lansdown has built a team that will be a solid prem team next year.

And lansdown hasn't 'shit on generations of history' either...

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Tan built a team that made the prem but he never built one that was going to stay there, lansdown has built a team that will be a solid prem team next year.

And lansdown hasn't 'shit on generations of history' either...

Sorry, the present tense of sh*tting should be used. He's doing the same thing but because it is Lord Steve it is somehow different

35 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Sorry, the present tense of sh*tting should be used. He's doing the same thing but because it is Lord Steve it is somehow different

He isn't doing the same thing though is he.

Tan bought cardiff as a foreign owner, stuck a load of Malaysian flags around the stadium and gave them a red strip for luck, the fans complained and he changed it back after a season.

Lansdown has taken over Bristol rugby and saved them from financial meltdown, without SL Bristol might not still be a professional rugby club, we were in ruins. He has set the team in a positive direction and bought in one of the best coaches in the world as well as some of the worlds best players, Bristol have moved into a 27k capacity stadium which means that they can now compete with the best and yes, he has put some red on the kit but in no way is that going against past generations, Bristol have always been blue and white hoops and we still are.

There is no correlation between tan and lasndown

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Tan bought cardiff as a foreign owner (this is irrelevant) stuck a load of Malaysian flags around the stadium (still there) and gave them a red strip for luck, the fans complained and he changed it back after a season (two and a half years).

Lansdown has taken over Bristol rugby and saved them from financial meltdown (Tan saved Cardiff from financial meltdown), without SL Bristol might not still be a professional rugby club (they'd have made a comeback by now as arguably a top three club in terms of total supporters), we were in ruins. He has set the team in a positive direction and bought in one of the best coaches in the world as well as some of the worlds best players (but why change the colours?), Bristol have moved into a 27k capacity stadium (which is way too big, has no standing areas which many were used to) which means that they can now compete with the best and yes, he has put some red on the kit but in no way is that going against past generations, Bristol have always been blue and white (and red?) hoops and we still are.

There is no correlation between tan and lasndown (well that isn't true is it...see above)

You don't have to agree with me 100% but everything SL does is done in his interest. He wants to be the saviour of Sport in Bristol and anything or anyone is expendable to reach that goal, be it supporters or traditions or anything else. Everything that comes out his mouth or his companies should be taken with a lot of salt.

15 hours ago, RedM said:

@phantomit's those sticky pad gel things they have on the shirts to grip the ball, they've just made them out of BS logos, not a bad idea really. Just looks a bit strange until you get your head round the fact they are there yo help play the game.

Sticky gel pads? We don't have any of that Fancy Dan stuff in Munster!

19 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Tan bought cardiff as a foreign owner (this is irrelevant) stuck a load of Malaysian flags around the stadium (still there) and gave them a red strip for luck, the fans complained and he changed it back after a season (two and a half years).

Lansdown has taken over Bristol rugby and saved them from financial meltdown (Tan saved Cardiff from financial meltdown), without SL Bristol might not still be a professional rugby club (they'd have made a comeback by now as arguably a top three club in terms of total supporters), we were in ruins. He has set the team in a positive direction and bought in one of the best coaches in the world as well as some of the worlds best players (but why change the colours?), Bristol have moved into a 27k capacity stadium (which is way too big, has no standing areas which many were used to) which means that they can now compete with the best and yes, he has put some red on the kit but in no way is that going against past generations, Bristol have always been blue and white (and red?) hoops and we still are.

There is no correlation between tan and lasndown (well that isn't true is it...see above)

You don't have to agree with me 100% but everything SL does is done in his interest. He wants to be the saviour of Sport in Bristol and anything or anyone is expendable to reach that goal, be it supporters or traditions or anything else. Everything that comes out his mouth or his companies should be taken with a lot of salt.

I guess we will have to agree to disagre but I don't think 27k is too big at all, Bristol averaged 13k last year despite being bottom for the whole season, if Lam can get us to the top 6 in the premiership we will average 20k easily imo

I'm also inclined to agree with WTTJ on Lansdown. Of course you can't take away how much he's done for City or Bristol Rugby or whatever, but he must not be exempt from criticism. For me there are two things which are indefensible: his tax exile status and the red creeping onto the Bristol Rugby jerseys. I'd like to be wrong but I'd be amazed if they're not togging out in a predominantly red kit within five to ten years.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I guess we will have to agree to disagre but I don't think 27k is too big at all, Bristol averaged 13k last year despite being bottom for the whole season, if Lam can get us to the top 6 in the premiership we will average 20k easily imo

Perhaps, but I have not felt comfortable watching Bristol at AG. It's like wearing a designer shoe that is a few sizes too big.

26 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I'm also inclined to agree with WTTJ on Lansdown. Of course you can't take away how much he's done for City or Bristol Rugby or whatever, but he must not be exempt from criticism. For me there are two things which are indefensible: his tax exile status and the red creeping onto the Bristol Rugby jerseys. I'd like to be wrong but I'd be amazed if they're not togging out in a predominantly red kit within five to ten years.

A big yes from me too.

• Admin
16 hours ago, RedM said:

@phantomit's those sticky pad gel things they have on the shirts to grip the ball, they've just made them out of BS logos, not a bad idea really. Just looks a bit strange until you get your head round the fact they are there yo help play the game.

Can't say i've ever noticed them on any other shirt before

3 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Sticky gel pads? We don't have any of that Fancy Dan stuff in Munster!

Yes it's like an embossed raised tacky gel surface, they hold the ball against it so it doesn't slip. As I said I haven't seen it on Bristol shirts before. 

I'd guess the gel bits are purely on the player shirts and not the supporter shirts (it'd be an extra needless cost to manufacturer anyway!)

Much like how you can buy the "pro" (i.e. skin-tight figure hugging monstrosity), "supporter" (i.e. standard replica) or "classic" (i.e. cotton) for England / Lions shirts etc.

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

I guess it is getting like the football

Only really affordable if you can commit to a season ticket, on the day prices are just too high !

Interesting also that this season is the best ST sales for the rugby - the Pat Lam affect is certainly working

That is interesting. They are going to give a lot of teams real hammerings this season.

Teams out: http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/team-news-bristol-rugby-vs-hartpury/

8 internationals including Madigan, Luatua and Morahan, when you consider the players that are out injured that team is brilliant, a bit harsh on Cullen and Edwards not to be playing but shows the strength in depth we have

With regards to the ticket prices I think we should max it at 25 quid and make it affordable

• Like 2