IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Was just them - the BT commentators were talking about how it could be the year for them and how Bristol might not get a point till they play Worcester. Best bit was when they were slaying the quality of the Bristol replacements. It was infact the changes made 60-70 min mark that pushed the game back in Bristol’s favour. 

Spot on.  If you watch Rugby on BT it is dominated by ex Leicester or ex London based players.  No Mark Regans or Gareth Chilcotts.  The only one not from the English rugby 'establishment' is Sam Warburton who incidentally tipped Bristol to beat Bath on BT the other night.  

19 hours ago, The Bard said:

Spot on.  If you watch Rugby on BT it is dominated by ex Leicester or ex London based players.  No Mark Regans or Gareth Chilcotts.  The only one not from the English rugby 'establishment' is Sam Warburton who incidentally tipped Bristol to beat Bath on BT the other night.  

Correct - he did, on Rugby tonight last Wednesday.

I am a Bath Supporter, and I just knew we'd lose to Bristol on Friday. We dont have Joseph & Watson, RJC guy is going to be weighed down by the cash in his pocket. Priestland is the most frustrating 10 in World Rugby.

Plus, we lost to Bristol the last time we played each other. This was never going to be an easy game for Bath.

We have Glos this week at home then Quins away. Must get maximum points from those two games. A win at home to Glos and a Bonus Point Win against Quins is what I think we'll get.

Anyway, this is a Bristol Bears' thread - congratulations on victory. All the best for the season. Hoping you establish yourselves in the Prem so we can play each other more often.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Batman said:

Correct - he did, on Rugby tonight last Wednesday.

I am a Bath Supporter, and I just knew we'd lose to Bristol on Friday. We dont have Joseph & Watson, RJC guy is going to be weighed down by the cash in his pocket. Priestland is the most frustrating 10 in World Rugby.

Plus, we lost to Bristol the last time we played each other. This was never going to be an easy game for Bath.

We have Glos this week at home then Quins away. Must get maximum points from those two games. A win at home to Glos and a Bonus Point Win against Quins is what I think we'll get.

Anyway, this is a Bristol Bears' thread - congratulations on victory. All the best for the season. Hoping you establish yourselves in the Prem so we can play each other more often.

Very graciously put.  Some of the Barf fans I spoke to before the game were a bit up themselves to be honest, but after the game they were a lot more humble..

On 30/08/2018 at 18:13, hoxton casual said:

Just found out that one of the Bristol players could be on £1 million a year! How many City players earn that?

thats 20k a seek, I bet a lot of our squad blows that out of the water

Edited by Monkeh

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Doesn't get any easier, does it? Next two really tough. The Gloucester match is live on BT Sport.

image.png.e11ef557de0ec5658bd27cc1837bde6f.png

Can't see us getting anything from sarries. Gloucester could be a losing bonus point if we are at our best but still highly doubtful. 

The aim for this season has to be to win as many home games as possible and realistically Quins and Saints provide us with a near perfect opportunity for that. 

Let's hope that Friday nights game provides us with confidence and shows the players that with success on the field, we are a club with the potential to be getting 20000 every week and so it is their job to continue to keep the fans coming in the gates and behind them. 

15 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Can't see us getting anything from sarries. Gloucester could be a losing bonus point if we are at our best but still highly doubtful. 

The aim for this season has to be to win as many home games as possible and realistically Quins and Saints provide us with a near perfect opportunity for that. 

Let's hope that Friday nights game provides us with confidence and shows the players that with success on the field, we are a club with the potential to be getting 20000 every week and so it is their job to continue to keep the fans coming in the gates and behind them. 

Interesting they are playing at home on the Saturday after we play on the Friday night

8 hours ago, Rinkadink said:

No idea what Pat has planned regarding rotation, needs to keep the belief going.

Looking at how we played on Friday I believe for the first time in about 10 years. C'mon Bris.

Like the football they have injury problems. From what I understand the record signing is hurt but doesn’t need surgery so should be back in weeks ( end of October was mentioned) instead of 6-9 months. The player who was subbed off injured early in the game was covering this position and won’t be back. The only other player in this position is injured too so they might play Tovey there even though it’s not his position he has some experience, and he didn’t play much last year at all. Tough game to be without players. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Like the football they have injury problems. From what I understand the record signing is hurt but doesn’t need surgery so should be back in weeks ( end of October was mentioned) instead of 6-9 months. The player who was subbed off injured early in the game was covering this position and won’t be back. The only other player in this position is injured too so they might play Tovey there even though it’s not his position he has some experience, and he didn’t play much last year at all. Tough game to be without players. 

I’d play morahan at full back against sarries and put Pincus on the wing, personally I don’t rate Tovey

Can see a few changes for Saturday though, we may almost ‘concede’ the game, and then have our best players fit for games where we’ll have a bigger chance of winning

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I’d play morahan at full back against sarries and put Pincus on the wing, personally I don’t rate Tovey

Can see a few changes for Saturday though, we may almost ‘concede’ the game, and then have our best players fit for games where we’ll have a bigger chance of winning

I’m thinking we will take a hit when necessary as long as we can pick up points in the games where we are more competitive. It will be a good game to get out of the way.

Team is up;

15. Piers O’Conor; 14. Luke Morahan, 13. Will Hurrell, 12. Siale Piutau, 11. Alapati Leiua; 10. Callum Sheedy, 9. Andy Uren; 1. Jordan Lay, 2. Harry Thacker, 3. Lewis Thiede, 4. Ed Holmes, 5. Joe Latta, 6. Steve Luatua (c), 7. George Smith, 8. Jack Lam. 

Replacements: 16. Shaun Malton, 17. Jake Woolmore, 18. John Afoa, 19. Joe Joyce, 20. Nick Haining, 21. Harry Randall, 22. Ian Madigan, 23. Tom Pincus. 

Unavailable: Jack Cosgrove (foot), Sione Faletau (calf), Aly Muldowney (neck), John Hawkins (thumb), Sam Jeffries (head), Chris Vui (groin), James Dun (knee), Tiff Eden (shoulder), Mat Protheroe (knee), Aaron Chapman (achilles), Charles Piutau (shoulder), Luke Daniels (hamstring), Ryan Edwards (hip). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

George smith with a harsh red card (yellow at most imo), saracens go to 30-18 up

Not impressed with the referee, the sending off of Smith was questionable and since he has allowed a similar offence by Saracen's punished only by a penalty and then a high tackle by Ajose not punished at all, followed by Bristol camped on Sarries line and 3/4 offences in a row committed by Sarries should have ended by a yellow card but never and then Sarries foul play eventually rewarded with a turnover.

But I have to say Bristol really fought hard especially after the sending off, the score flatters Saracens.

• Like 3

Rugby is truly a strange sport, I was wondering why Bath were given a point in their match against Bristol after losing, apparently you get a point for losing by 7 or less points, what dumb idea?

And today they drew 31 all with Gloucester and they both earned 3 points, 2 for the draw and 1 each for scoring 4 tries.

This means that Bath who have played 2 lost one, won none and drawn one have 4 points the same as Bristol, ******* mental.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Rugby is truly a strange sport, I was wondering why Bath were given a point in their match against Bristol after losing, apparently you get a point for losing by 7 or less points, what dumb idea?

And today they drew 31 all with Gloucester and they both earned 3 points, 2 for the draw and 1 each for scoring 4 tries.

This means that Bath who have played 2 lost one, won none and drawn one have 4 points the same as Bristol, ******* mental.

Here: I was going to write it all out but just lifted this from Wiki instead. So yes you can lose a match and still get 2 points if you have scored 4 Tries or more and lost by less than 7. 

• 4 points for winning a match
  • 2 points for drawing a match
  • 0 points for losing a match
  • losing bonus point for losing by 7 points (or fewer)
  • try bonus point for scoring 4 tries (or more)

In this system, winning teams get 4 or 5 points; drawing teams 2 or 3 points; and losing teams 0, 1, or 2 points.

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

Here: I was going to write it all out but just lifted this from Wiki instead. So yes you can lose a match and still get 2 points if you have scored 4 Tries or more and lost by less than 7. 

• 4 points for winning a match
  • 2 points for drawing a match
  • 0 points for losing a match
  • losing bonus point for losing by 7 points (or fewer)
  • try bonus point for scoring 4 tries (or more)

In this system, winning teams get 4 or 5 points; drawing teams 2 or 3 points; and losing teams 0, 1, or 2 points.

In the words of the fast show, "load of old bollocks ain't it?"

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

In the words of the fast show, "load of old bollocks ain't it?"

In football we could have similar, 4 points for a win, 2 for a draw. None for a loss. A losing point if we only lost by a single goal and a bonus if we scored 3 goals or more in the match. :laughcont:

I think the rugby do this system to keep both sides ‘going for it’ and to give some incentive to plucky losers. As for football I’m always a bit gutted to lose a game where we have scored 3, there is something about 3 that I feel should be a winning score.