IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

Penalties cost us and for all Smith does good there is a side to him that has cost us points over the last two games too. A good game to get out of the way though, take Cipriani, Sharples and 12Trees away and I think it would have been a whole lost closer.

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Terrible 2nd half. Jesus. 

Yeah but two toughest games of the season probably out of the way. Gloucester have maybe the best squad in the Premiership and the best player in Cipriani. 

Look so much better than two years ago. Refs don't seem to be appreciating George Smith's style of play? 

Based on what I've seen so far no chance we'll be in a relegation battle, but obviously need a win or two in next few games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This is absolutely mint. Please beat these Glaaaaster inbred *******. 

Cc: @Woodsy

This has not aged well, Kid ??

Fair shout, Bristol outstanding in first half, Vui ?

Second half, different game. We've (finally) got some game changers, and the soft underbelly we've had for years has gone. The SA contingent, as much as I think there's one or two too many, will make a massive difference. Polledri and Ludlow (again) were immense. Chuffed for Sharples getting his 50th Premiership try

40 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

This has not aged well, Kid ??

Fair shout, Bristol outstanding in first half, Vui ?

Second half, different game. We've (finally) got some game changers, and the soft underbelly we've had for years has gone. The SA contingent, as much as I think there's one or two too many, will make a massive difference. Polledri and Ludlow (again) were immense. Chuffed for Sharples getting his 50th Premiership try

?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah but two toughest games of the season probably out of the way. Gloucester have maybe the best squad in the Premiership and the best player in Cipriani. 

Look so much better than two years ago. Refs don't seem to be appreciating George Smith's style of play? 

Based on what I've seen so far no chance we'll be in a relegation battle, but obviously need a win or two in next few games. 

I thought it looked like Smith was down in the dumps in the second half. He sure is some player though, seems to win the ball back so easily sometimes, certainly a huge asset. 

We certainly need points. Last night demonstrated for me when to play out from the back and when to clear your lines. We need to be a bit more pragmatic at the expense of being completely expansive if you ask me. The Bristol of the first half was a joy to watch mind. 

• Like 1

It seems like pat Lam is rotating scrum halves at the minute. I'd say Andy uren has been our strongest so far so good to see him start. 

On to today, our biggest game of the season by far. I hate to use the phrase this early on but I'd say it is a must win. Quins are poor away from home and really their team isn't in the same league as sarries and Glos, we need to start on the front foot and keep it going past half time... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Bristol played 4 and won 2 are still a point behind Harlequins who have played 4 and lost 3, i'm sorry I still don't get that.

From the Premiership Rugby website:

4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw.

Bonus points: 1 point to a team that loses a match by 7 points or less, 1 point to a team scoring 4 tries or more in a match.

Think we may need 40 points to stay up this season. It's rare for a team to come up and be seriously competitive, to the extent that it makes them not favourites for the drop. 

Some excellent performances today, 20-13 really flattered quins who I thought were poor and with some better handling and decision making 10 metres out bristol could have easily got a bonus point today. 

Still plenty to work on but it took us until boxing day last time to get our first win we have 2 already, it's looking good!