IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

On 22/12/2018 at 17:53, cidercity1987 said:

Damn, just when they look like a midtable team they get dragged down again

It's so close- not usually as close as that around halfway but that League table...well a defeat may well drop them bottom whereas a win maybe up to and this is half the division at the halfway stage. Crazy.

This first half was as bad as the football. Hsrdly done a thing right and barely out of our half. Making Newcastle look like world beaters, with a great deal of assistance from the Ref.

The 2nd must be better

Oh they just announced a free mince pie for all on the way out...my sfyernoon is looking up

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

This first half was as bad as the football. Hsrdly done a thing right and barely out of our half. Making Newcastle look like world beaters, with a great deal of assistance from the Ref.

The 2nd must be better

Oh they just announced a free mince pie for all on the way out...my sfyernoon is looking up

More than we got yesterday!

40 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Good crowd. Now to be clear does that include season ticket holders or not , or day trippers ... Was that a genuine 18k or more like 13k ?!  

No idea where I got my inspiration from for this question as I’m sure this hasn’t been debated recently .... ??

It was pretty packed, couldn't see many spare seats and the queues for the bars and the loos were as bad as anything I’ve seen for a big football match. I took a couple of photos just before KO and it filled up even more after.

It was an ugly win, but as in football a win is a win. The rugby atmosphere is weird compared to football but the crowd did get quite passionate occasionally.

Two grumbles. Really fed up with the amount of people walking in and out all the time, drinking and going to the loo constantly. Watch the match you silly sods! And, no sign of the mentioned mince pies by the time I left anyway. 

A11F405A-EA5D-4641-A626-CF177B838383.jpeg

AB1C0360-C9CC-40C2-B506-883566BFD787.jpeg

3BEB8BFD-6600-41C8-B03B-74887AE01075.jpeg

14 hours ago, TomF said:

Wayne Barnes being Wayne Barnes.

Big big half needed 

Barnes screwed us over in Castres the other week. Missed two reds for an eye gouge and a tip tackle then totally ignored a football-style sliding tackle which prevented a match-winning try. He's not a good ref.

Great result for Bristol. Pleased to see them get the points but a shame Newcastle got a BP as well.

Key this year is to string a couple of wins on the bounce together.... Bath have gone from relegation candidates to being 5th and looking rosy within a week!!

incredibly tight behind top 2, can see it going to the wire... Newcastle finished 4th last year and once they drop out of Europe would assume they may pick up again...?

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Vital vital win that- a draw would have been a worry and a defeat disastrous.

Because second half of the season sees trips to: Exeter, Northampton, Bath, Leicester, Harlequins- and last day of the season- Newcastle!

Highly likely the home form will decide the season...

Thing is, with the exception of Exeter,  we are perfectly capable of beating any of those away.  After next Saturday we would've got the Exeter, Saracens and Gloucester away games out the way. Every single game left is realistically winnable (including Glos and Saracens at home).  We need 4 wins to be absolutely guaranteed safety. 6 could get us top 6, 8 would get us top 4..

Personally I can see us beating Bath at Twickenham.  The likes of Piatau and Luatua aren't likely to get the opportunity of playing on that sort of stage much more so will want to show what they're made of. As a season ticket holder for both City and Bristol Rugby, I can't help compare the impact of the head coaches on the teams..  Bristol Rugby go for the throat in every game.  City are a different story..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

Thing is, with the exception of Exeter,  we are perfectly capable of beating any of those away.  After next Saturday we would've got the Exeter, Saracens and Gloucester away games out the way. Every single game left is realistically winnable (including Glos and Saracens at home).  We need 4 wins to be absolutely guaranteed safety. 6 could get us top 6, 8 would get us top 4..

Personally I can see us beating Bath at Twickenham.  The likes of Piatau and Luatua aren't likely to get the opportunity of playing on that sort of stage much more so will want to show what they're made of. As a season ticket holder for both City and Bristol Rugby, I can't help compare the impact of the head coaches on the teams..  Bristol Rugby go for the throat in every game.  City are a different story..

1 away point all season- I see what you're saying but I can't see us winning too many away.

Bath game at Twickenham? Forgot about that- yeah that's definitely winnable, Cup tie, Cup final etc.

Great win but the atmosphere is bugging me. We've lost a couple of songs/chants since the move and it's definitely a lot "nicer", I think the lack of terracing plays a factor. It could be much worse but maybe we need to borrow S82 for a couple of matches to remind everyone how to be noisier again. Barf game at AG was pretty decent though.

Might go to Exeter away, any kind of points would be excellent and we could do with settling some scores. So pleased with that Newcastle win, they're a tough side and stuck to their plan well.

• Like 1