IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

35 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I did go down, was pretty dull, then dance cam came on and that was it for me. Back off to the pub.

Dance cam? What a ******* embarrassment. If that ever came in at football and I think that would be the end for me.

Fortunately there aren’t that many ‘stoppages’ that need filling in football. 

Id love to be able to pay 10 quid to see an 80 minute game, only go for 20 and leave though...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

O'brien not confirmed yet, but if they do get him that'll be an excellent piece of business, one of the best 7s in world rugby

Murray Kinsella has confirmed it. That's good enough for me. SOB is still one of the best back rows in the world but not that surprising given his injury record and what Leinster have coming up behind. We need to start using London Irish properly given the logjam of players around the provinces at the moment.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Murray Kinsella has confirmed it. That's good enough for me. SOB is still one of the best back rows in the world but not that surprising given his injury record and what Leinster have coming up behind. We need to start using London Irish properly given the logjam of players around the provinces at the moment.

I haven't seem that to be fair. If they can keep him fit he'll be a class act next season, but with his Irish commitments at the RWC and his injury problems, especially at 32, I hope it doesn't become a retirement payout for him. 

Either way, he'll be a massive help for their younger flankers and a big presence in the dressing room, which for a club looking to stay up is massive

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I haven't seem that to be fair. If they can keep him fit he'll be a class act next season, but with his Irish commitments at the RWC and his injury problems, especially at 32, I hope it doesn't become a retirement payout for him. 

Either way, he'll be a massive help for their younger flankers and a big presence in the dressing room, which for a club looking to stay up is massive

I doubt that Murray and the42 are much known here. He doesn't put his name to stories like this without knowing the score so I'm happy to get on board with it. Totally agree about SOB. Only thing I'd add is that there are lots of matches between now and the end of the World Cup and a lot can change for everyone.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Genuine question from an outsider...............why are Bris so shit in the Prem, it's not like SL hasn't been chucking money at it ?

The jump from Championship to PRemiership is huge.  A bit like jumping from League 2 to the Premiership in football.  This season is all about staying up.  We've ben okay this season if you ask me.  Only one game where we've embarrased ourselves.  A lot of losing bonus points is an indication we're competing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Never got going until after HT, the young lad making his debut I think only lasted a few minutes, later in the half could be seen sat watching from the subs bench with his arm in a hefty support sling and someone trying to wrap a coat around him, think it is his elbow not shoulder but what a shame for him. I think he was playing as we have five already out injured in that position, as @JBFC IIsays above, so I guess that didn’t help us.

Wasps had a massive player who stopped everything, sorry don’t know his name but rugby fans must know who I mean. Horrible injury to Billy Searle, showed it once on the screen before they realised they perhaps shouldn’t have. Don’t want to see it again, even the Ref commented on how nasty it was. I think that injury affected Wasps and for a while after we caught them cold. Remember our football players being the same a few times, especially as Searle was recently with us. He did get applause from everyone in the ground. Had to be broken or dislocated ankle I would think.

Second half we deserved at least a losing bonus point, if not a draw. 

58 minutes ago, RedM said:

Never got going until after HT, the young lad making his debut I think only lasted a few minutes, later in the half could be seen sat watching from the subs bench with his arm in a hefty support sling and someone trying to wrap a coat around him, think it is his elbow not shoulder but what a shame for him. I think he was playing as we have five already out injured in that position, as @JBFC IIsays above, so I guess that didn’t help us.

Wasps had a massive player who stopped everything, sorry don’t know his name but rugby fans must know who I mean. Horrible injury to Billy Searle, showed it once on the screen before they realised they perhaps shouldn’t have. Don’t want to see it again, even the Ref commented on how nasty it was. I think that injury affected Wasps and for a while after we caught them cold. Remember our football players being the same a few times, especially as Searle was recently with us. He did get applause from everyone in the ground. Had to be broken or dislocated ankle I would think.

Second half we deserved at least a losing bonus point, if not a draw. 

Yep, Hawkins went off very early on, and did his replacement, haining. 

Ashley Johnson, the wasps 6, is I'd imagine the player you're thinking of. He's built like a brick basically... 

We lost last night because of induvidual errors. Wasps weren't great by any stretch but we gifted them 3 tries and at premiership level you can't do that. 

Onwards to quins... 

• Thanks 1

• Admin
5 hours ago, The Bard said:

The jump from Championship to PRemiership is huge.  A bit like jumping from League 2 to the Premiership in football.  This season is all about staying up.  We've ben okay this season if you ask me.  Only one game where we've embarrased ourselves.  A lot of losing bonus points is an indication we're competing

Even considering the vast amount of money being thrown at it? 

Really need to get something out of the next three games