IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

7 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Just got my tickets for the Glos game next Friday. I thought this one might be close to a sell out, but doesn't look like they've even opened the top tier, and there's plenty of tickets left around the ground. 

The pricing doesn't help imo:

https://tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk/custom/documents/pdf/2018-19 Gloucester Home NEW PDF.pdf 

On 22/02/2019 at 19:17, Kid in the Riot said:

Opening day. Friday night. And half the crowd was Bath.

Personally at £30-50 a ticket for non-members think they're pitching it too high. 

You know that for a fact that 50% of the opening match were from or supported Bath? 

I was there and would guesstimate a 75% Bristol / 25% Bath.

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

to see them lose ?

Also, as a non-rugby follower..........why do they name their team so early, you don't get that at football, hour before, tops ?

Often wondered this myself. But all teams (club and international) do this. As you can see, Gloucester have also announced their team:

glos.png

• Thanks 1

Certainly need a win, tough, tough game. 

I’m just hoping I don’t see a thrashing tonight and again at Preston tomorrow

I don’t mind ‘impact players’ as it sounds like they are there for a reason, subs always sound like they are second best, didn’t make the team, which is what they are I guess ( in both football and rugby). ‘Impact players’ sound like they have a role to play, are needed which is nice.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Certainly need a win, tough, tough game. 

I’m just hoping I don’t see a thrashing tonight and again at Preston tomorrow

I don’t mind ‘impact players’ as it sounds like they are there for a reason, subs always sound like they are second best, didn’t make the team, which is what they are I guess ( in both football and rugby). ‘Impact players’ sound like they have a role to play, are needed which is nice.

Basically BS though ain't it .  Had to call them "replacements" originally, to distance themselves from those awful "soccer" types !