IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

49 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

It's a shame that City are home on the same day, otherwise I would definitely be going. 

Me too. Never been to Twickenham and I doubt I will get a better chance, but I just can’t miss my football. Gutted it’s the same day, totally stupid not to consider fans of both sports but I guess it’s Bath’s game so no doubt designed to piss us off. Hope we stuff them.

1 hour ago, Super said:

I have probably missed it but why is this being played at Twickenham?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clash_(rugby)

The Clash is an annual rugby union match hosted by Bath Rugby around Easter time each year. It is one of Bath's regular home matches in Premiership Rugby but it is moved from their usual home ground at the Recreation Ground (14,500 capacity) to the much larger Twickenham Stadium in London (82,000 seats).

• Admin
6 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clash_(rugby)

The Clash is an annual rugby union match hosted by Bath Rugby around Easter time each year. It is one of Bath's regular home matches in Premiership Rugby but it is moved from their usual home ground at the Recreation Ground (14,500 capacity) to the much larger Twickenham Stadium in London (82,000 seats).

It still amazes me that clubs can do this, can you imagine City Vs Sheffield Wednesday at Easter being moved to London

No, because no one other than the fans of the two teams involved would give a toss but matches at Twickenham will always attract neutrals because it's a great day out.

i seem to remember Quins v Bristol as the 16/17 season opener attracted double the combined attendance the two clubs would usually get for a home match.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Big win with Newcastle having won also. Bonus point too.

Northampton had 4 player sin binned at the end - sounds absolutely mental.  But as you say, huge 5 points with Newcastle winning & Worcester running Chiefs close.  A long way to go, that last game of the season looms large! 

• Like 1

On 08/03/2019 at 10:00, JBFC II said:

Tickets booked for the Clash in April. 

There's still 90 odd £16 tickets left on the Bristol sport ticket page which is excellent value

Any chance you could please PM me a link? Can't find this offer and could probably fill a nice little chunk of those...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Massive game v Worcester now. Win that and all but safe, lose it and Newcastle beat Sale at home and we're right back in the shit.

Huge game. Amazed there’s not free tickets or mates rates for City ST holders seeing as we’ve got no game that weekend. Pack the gate surely! 

• Like 1

On 11/03/2019 at 14:33, CyderInACan said:

Huge game. Amazed there’s not free tickets or mates rates for City ST holders seeing as we’ve got no game that weekend. Pack the gate surely! 

Pretty gutted as it will be the first League game I’ve missed this season.

• Sad 1

Seeing as we’ve got no game to bother with and the England game is Friday night, I just wondered if many City fans will pitch up at AG for 3pm Saturday at the Bristol v. Worcester game? 

Its a massive game and a home win will go a long way to securing Prem status again next year. I expect a decent crowd and am quite surprised the club haven’t don’t more to encourage City fans to turn up and show their support. 

Would be nice to see the crowd swelled by a few who still haven’t had the chance to catch a rugby game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I'd thoroughly recommend it. Bristol have been playing very well in the last couple of games and I'm sure it'll be a good atmosphere with a win putting us another step closer to safety. 

Do come along! 

Been to the rugby a few times and I have heard about the 'atmosphere' before each game.

I cannot comprehend how someone who has been to a football match can ever describe Bristol Rugby as having any type of atmosphere. On the times I've been, including Friday night games, I could've slept through it without difficulty. The only time anyone pipes up in the crowd is 'Briiiiiiiiiiistol' or to play backseat driver: 'pass it' etc. 

I've tried, Bristol Rugby not for me. Rather go dogging. 

29 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Been to the rugby a few times and I have heard about the 'atmosphere' before each game.

I cannot comprehend how someone who has been to a football match can ever describe Bristol Rugby as having any type of atmosphere. On the times I've been, including Friday night games, I could've slept through it without difficulty. The only time anyone pipes up in the crowd is 'Briiiiiiiiiiistol' or to play backseat driver: 'pass it' etc. 

It's a completely different type of atmosphere, and to be honest the bath game had a better atmosphere than anything I've seen at city this year... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Agreed. I’ve not been to the Rugby since they moved to Ashton Gate, although hope that they do well. 

I did go when they moved a few fixtures to AG in the past and just found it dull. 

Local derbies Vs Bath & Gloucester (I think) full houses, but no atmosphere other that the god awful “Briiiiiiiiiistooooool” and polite clapping when opponents scored the simplest of points. Not for me!

And don’t even get me started on the “C’mon Bris” thing. That really boils my piss..! Almost as much as the condescending superiority complex that Rugby fans, in general, have over football fans. 

I’d honestly rather go to a Rovers match (supporting the other team, obviously) 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2