IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Precisely, which is one reason I am crossing my fingers for Friday evening.

It does irk me - cricket is the same - that rugby teams seem to be almost penalised for their success.

I know many of us on this forum like to knock Surrey (cricket), but they, along with Yorkshire, deserve some praise for performing well every season when it seems most of their squad are absent on international duty. 

Look how well Saracens perform with so many international players missing at times......and all within the salary cap ?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Austin Healy said at the weekend whilst commenting on the Exe v. Bris game that Mads is allegedly one of the best paid players in the Prem (and I guess you'd expect him to be fairly well up to speed on who-gets-what) so maybe we might try for Ford next summer if he's good enough for Champion's Cup rugby :whistle:

It could happen definitely, I just can’t see it being a position that we are looking to spend more big money on. 

Wouldn’t say no to him though!

7 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

Look how well Saracens perform with so many international players missing at times......and all within the salary cap ?

I believe the investigation in to this is ongoing, but were Saracens also the club that employed players' wives and girlfriends on fantastic salaries for dubious administrative positions and the like? 

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I believe the investigation in to this is ongoing, but were Saracens also the club that employed players' wives and girlfriends on fantastic salaries for dubious administrative positions and the like? 

May seem fantastic money to you & I but that was just the weighting. £300k per annum for a part time admin assistant is pretty much par for the course up that London.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

5 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

May seem fantastic money to you & I but that was just the weighting. £300k per annum for a part time admin assistant is pretty much par for the course up that London.

That is indeed the case, well known about in certain circles how well paid many of the players wives are!

At least one player has also been assisted in setting up his own brewery and selling beer in his name

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Really looking forward to tonight. A few drinks in Clifton after work, and then a taxi down the hill. Should be a great atmosphere.

Shame I'm in the Atyeo, but it was all I could get once I realised it was almost sold out!! 

Buzzing! Taking my father-in-law tonight and hoping to get a invite from @SuperDziek to meet  him and his besties in the cockles before the game. As for afterwards, who knows! Want to be up for the Eng v. Aus game at 0815 tmrw though!