IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

On 15/10/2019 at 14:50, SuperDziek said:

Look how well Saracens perform with so many international players missing at times......and all within the salary cap ?

On 15/10/2019 at 14:58, PHILINFRANCE said:

I believe the investigation in to this is ongoing, but were Saracens also the club that employed players' wives and girlfriends on fantastic salaries for dubious administrative positions and the like? 

On 15/10/2019 at 16:20, CyderInACan said:

May seem fantastic money to you & I but that was just the weighting. £300k per annum for a part time admin assistant is pretty much par for the course up that London.

On 15/10/2019 at 16:26, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

That is indeed the case, well known about in certain circles how well paid many of the players wives are!

At least one player has also been assisted in setting up his own brewery and selling beer in his name

Ah, Yes.

I remember this story.

????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Teams for tomorrow, Exeter are the only side in the league to bring their internationals straight back in, shows how much respect they have for Bristol I guess. 

Going to be a really tough match, but no reason why we can’t come away with 4/5 points 

F1446A13-AA6A-488F-B700-DC840FFF417F.jpeg

EA63A1A2-CF7A-4051-B616-F9144B2CAF30.jpeg

To come away from Exeter with anything would be good?

Arguably should have won both games against Exeter last season so fantastic to finally get a win against them.

If they weren't already, then I'd imagine every team in the Premiership is going to be very wary of Bristol this season.

Assuming Saracens lose their "appeal" then a tilt at the top 4 looks eminently achievable. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul G said:

https://epcrugby.com/challenge-cup

For those of you who can't get to the game EPC are streaming every Challenge Cup game live. You just need to sign up. BT don't show the Challenge Cup games until after the group stages.

Top heads up, Paul G. Watched the stream, with comms from Radio Brizzle on my phone. Another home win for Bris!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Paul G said:

https://epcrugby.com/challenge-cup

For those of you who can't get to the game EPC are streaming every Challenge Cup game live. You just need to sign up. BT don't show the Challenge Cup games until after the group stages.

Thank you, I was at the game today but certainly interested in future matches

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, please. Will be in demand mind.

Just thinking about Ioan Lloyd, is it inevitable that if he's that good then Bristol will lose him to a Welsh side due to their criteria for the national team? 

My understanding of it is that he could be picked whilst playing for Bristol but would have to move back to Wales at the end of his contract if he wanted to continue playing for the national side, as the likes of Adams and Moriarty have done in the last couple of years. Though they did say that they'd review the policy after the World Cup, and Gatland has since said in his new book that he wanted it reduced to 30 caps instead of 60.

15 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, please. Will be in demand mind.

Just thinking about Ioan Lloyd, is it inevitable that if he's that good then Bristol will lose him to a Welsh side due to their criteria for the national team? 

Apparently competition from France as well. Not many clubs could afford that salary but all offers being equal-ish I'd probably go to ASM. Great club and their fans are something else. He may want to stay close to home though. Bristol probably wouldn't flog him all season like a TOP14 club might either which could prolong his career.

Northern Red has it spot on.

25 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

What a win tonight, Brive isn’t the easiest place to go (they’ve beaten Clermont, Toulon, Toulouse and Bordeaux at home this season...) so to go and win 36-0 is incredible!

Up the European Bears!

I just had a look at the Top 14 table and saw that Brive sit 3rd from bottom, which seeing as they have beaten the teams you say they have surprises me. Although they weren't very good tonight. That takes nothing away from our performance though. ? 

Edited by Paul G

9 minutes ago, Paul G said:

I just had a look at the Top 14 table and saw that Brive sit 3rd from bottom, which seeing as they have beaten the teams you say they have surprises me. Although they weren't very good tonight. That takes nothing away from our performance though. ? 

They are only 3 points off of 3rd, so I don’t think you can read too much into it. 

Yep they were poor, but I thought we nullified them excellently defensively. The referee helped slightly as well!