IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

What an awesome performance that was. From minute one the desire and hunger was excellent, we took our foot off the gas later on, which is slightly disappointing, but that just highlights the massive gulf in the teams.

Three players really stood out for me. Uren at 9, someone who has fallen into the shadows a bit with how excellent Randall has been but he thoroughly stood up tonight, constantly probing and making life difficult for bath with his tempo, thoroughly deserved MotM. Lloyd at 10, just exudes quality, to control the match like he did at 19 years old, ridiculous talent (and that pass for morahan, wow). Piers O’Conor at 12 as well, was my MotM. In attack he was excellent, making a load of metres. However, that tackle on cockonasinga was outstanding, to win a collision against a guy of his size is seriously impressive. O’Conor has to be in the next England squad if he keeps this up.

On to Sale next Friday!

Edited by JBFC II

20 hours ago, JBFC II said:

What an awesome performance that was. From minute one the desire and hunger was excellent, we took our foot off the gas later on, which is slightly disappointing, but that just highlights the massive gulf in the teams.

Three players really stood out for me. Uren at 9, someone who has fallen into the shadows a bit with how excellent Randall has been but he thoroughly stood up tonight, constantly probing and making life difficult for bath with his tempo, thoroughly deserved MotM. Lloyd at 10, just exudes quality, to control the match like he did at 19 years old, ridiculous talent (and that pass for morahan, wow). Piers O’Conor at 12 as well, was my MotM. In attack he was excellent, making a load of metres. However, that tackle on cockonasinga was outstanding, to win a collision against a guy of his size is seriously impressive. O’Conor has to be in the next England squad if he keeps this up.

On to Sale next Friday!

I was watching and thinking that they would have a hell of a job picking out a MOTM. Piers was my pick too, but totally agree with you about Uren. It’s nice to see some of the players that are often overshadowed by our ‘Big names’ get some recognition. 

It was great to see Vui back too, he certainly never holds back. And as for Semi, amazing, but he reminds me of a Disney character and I can’t get that thought out of my head ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Why are they "unavailable" are they all injured, or what ?  Genuine question, as I'm not a ruby fan, per se.

Mixture of injury, international selection (Earl, Malins, Randall, Sheedy), suspension (Sinckler, who would have been with England anyway if he wasn't suspended) and resting.

In more normal times, England would probably have released Randall to play as he isn't in their matchday squad for the weekend but Covid protocols mean he has to stay with the squad.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Thanks 1

Can't believe Morahan is being rested as he's only played 3 games since the season started.  Semi picked up an injury last week and came off.

Interested to see how the Argie prop does.  Battle up front will be key.  If we can get enough of the ball we will win.  Just hope it's not like the game last year which was a kick fest.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Isn’t Harry Thacker due back soon. Initially it was ‘New Year’ but that’s passed weeks ago. 

Is he any kin to 

williams and 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Isn’t Harry Thacker due back soon. Initially it was ‘New Year’ but that’s passed weeks ago. 

Is he any kin to Williams and Walsh ?

• Haha 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Black armbands aren't a tradition in rugby but I trust the death of John Pullin, announced today, is marked in some way.

Bristol captain. England captain. British Lion. World class player.

Legend. 

RIP, sir.

Nice touch during the minutes silence in memory of John Pullin 

20210205_200935.jpg

20210205_200632.jpg

• Like 2

Sale doing lots of sale things in that half, not pretty but they’re annoyingly effective. 

Think we should have gone for the 3 at the end, this ones going to be very tight so every point counts. Hopefully as the game goes on a little their high intensity leaves a few holes for us to exploit