IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

Just now, JBFC II said:

Sale doing lots of sale things in that half, not pretty but they’re annoyingly effective. 

Think we should have gone for the 3 at the end, this ones going to be very tight so every point counts. Hopefully as the game goes on a little their high intensity leaves a few holes for us to exploit

Not a nice type of rugby to watch, but it looks like what Sale do is pretty effective. Not the game to be without Semi and Luatua either. We need our big players to get the better of De Klerk, does he ever put a foot wrong?

Alex Sanderson has already worked wonders at Sale. Their defence is based off a tactic Saracens have used for years. Their success has been built on their 'Wolfpack mentality' which he implemented so it's no surprise to see them hit the ground running with it.

After last week's result, it's a bit of a reality check for Pat Lam but no doubt they'll pump Gloucester next week and continue to build! The loss could make their season.

Have to say that I really enjoyed that game. I don't think Bristol will be too worried. Sale's defence was superb and it was an incredible try to win them the game. Yarde controlling the ball with his foot and McGinty's pass - wow.

In spite of that, Bristol's set piece was good, especially the scrum, and it looked like they'd squeaked out a win until the last play so hard to criticise. I'd have wanted to kick the goal at the end of the first half, but their maul was looking good so not a terrible decision for me.

7 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Not quite. Not in rugby, old boy. 

This is a 4 point win. Whereas v Bath it was a 5 point win.

So, a win is either a win, or a bonus point win.

This, tough game, was merely a "win."

Did the Bears draw or lose?  Ummm....no........so they must have won. Bonus points are handy but not essential.

Team for Sunday 

With this unavailable list

Bryan Byrne, Harry Thacker, Kyle Sinckler, Max Lahiff, Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, Joe Joyce, Ben Earl, James Dun, Nathan Hughes, , Harry Randall, Chris Cook, Max Malins, Semi Radradra, Siale Piutau, Henry Purdy

That’s nearly a very decent side in itself!

E255A1F6-2B9A-486A-B3A5-DF87C7EA1565.jpeg