IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

2 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

How on earth.......? I take it the Quins yellow card at 75mins was pivotal? An incredible will to win and never say die attitude.

Kind of? He got it stopping a certain try, which was then given as a penalty try anyway, so it would have been a five point game yellow card or no yellow card. Clearly did not help them right at the death.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I wonder if Pearson can instil such dogged determination in City's squad. Many of us jokingly say that City can snatch defeat from the jaws of victorty.

Well Bristol Bears are doing it regularly the other way round, whoever is in the team, however many injuries there are and even when the referee appears to be an additional member of the opponents. 

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Super said:

Amazing win considering we were outplayed nearly all of 2nd half.

A never give up attitude comes from winning games. Had the Bears been on a losing run they’d have also the game today.

Pat Lam is a formidable guy and has instilled determination and resilience into the squad - let’s hope Big Nige can do the same with our squad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

Pat Lam clearly frustrated, multiple angles made available by French TV to aid the TMO for the disallowed Purdy try but for the pivotal deliberate knock on decision only 2 angles  given to TMO despite multiple cameras at the game. Lan, all the coaches, and all the players unanimous it was the wrong call.

• Like 3

On 09/04/2021 at 08:35, Club and Country said:

That pricing is superb, I don’t know if Bath have announced there’s yet but they must be losing so many casual rugby supporters (such as myself) to the bears currently 

Baths prices are horrendous for anyone who didn’t know!

Presents a genuine dilemma, I have to say. Could see myself choosing a Bears ST over City. Told me that a few years ago I'd have assumed you were gaga

• Like 1