IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

3 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I like rugby but not as big a fan as some of you lot 

I have to admit i really struggle to take it seriously when the team finishing top of the table don’t get crowned as champions 

Exactly why I struggle to take it too seriously. I've enjoyed watching Bristol , but the pure money making end of season games are pointless. They won the League by 3 points, if they need something at the end of the year why not a playoff with the French, Irish or whoever Champions?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TomF said:

Sheedy missing those 2 conversions at the start certainly came home to roost as well as the pen that hit the post 

They were both at tight angles and he pushed both kicks wide anticipating that the ball would curl inside - it didn’t………..

19 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I like rugby but not as big a fan as some of you lot 

I have to admit i really struggle to take it seriously when the team finishing top of the table don’t get crowned as champions 

Yeah, it's one of them that I don't think anyone particularly likes but it's not changing anytime soon and everybody knows the score with it so doesn't complain when it produces situations like today.

It's the same situation in Rugby League but they do at least award the team who finishes top a trophy to recognise the achievement of doing so, even if they might end up not winning the playoffs and Grand Final.

• Admin

Everyone mentioning about finishing top etc, I'm sure if we were in Harlequins position we wouldn't be complaining 

The rules have been in place for a while, it is what it is.

Everyone knows the set up from day 1

Let's face it if you can't see a game through after being 28-0 up you don't deserve to progress. 

I'm also not convinced we'd have been good enough to beat Exeter or Sale.

As disappointing as the result is this evening the club should be proud how much they have progressed in a short space of time 

I’m a Bristol City fan through and through. Virgin tv gave me bt sport which has shown 70% of Bristol Bears games throughout the season, of which I watched most of em. Tried my luck for tickets for today, got em and took me football mates. I feel absolutely devastated after being back in the ground for the 1st time in 15 months. How the **** did Bristol not win today???

I hope Nigel got summit up his sleeve

49 minutes ago, phantom said:

Everyone mentioning about finishing top etc, I'm sure if we were in Harlequins position we wouldn't be complaining 

Let's face it if you can't see a game through after being 28-0 up you don't deserve to progress. 

As disappointing as the result is this evening the club should be proud how much they have progressed in a short space of time 

I got no issue with the rules as everyone knows them from the beginning but they are daft in my opinion, but as said, i can take or leave rugby these days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I agree. But as far as I’m concerned we finished top after playing a season of rugby, so we won the league. We won’t have a trophy or the title of Champions, but we are.

Everyone knows the format at the start and it’s very harsh when it pans out like today. But as you say if we couldn’t see out the game after being so far ahead then we got what we deserved. 

So anyway, I predictvwe will finish fourth next year and go on to be crowned as Champions and will be parading a trophy. It won’t feel right but neither does it feel right at the moment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BoneyardTIM said:

I have seen Bristol described as bottlers, chokers and bottle jobs in last few hours. Does anyone really believe that they didn’t leave everything on the pitch? Sometimes the other team are better, that’s life.

They are chokers, bottle jobs etc.  28/0 up. We got this was the thought. The momentum was lost. 28/21 and it’s a game. Subs were already made and Bristol were screwed. No one believes they didn’t try to compete at the end. They ****** it up at the beginning of the second half and we’re not able to regain control.

TOTAL UNPROFESSIONALISM. IF THAT HAD BEEN CITY THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN A RIOT. LAM AND THOSE PLAYERS THAT WERE ON THE FIELD IN THAT PERIOD SHOULD BE ASHAMED! (And they are. Lam is furious) God damn internationals playing like it’s all over at 28/0. 

*******!

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

They are chokers, bottle jobs etc.  28/0 up. We got this was the thought. The momentum was lost. 28/21 and it’s a game. Subs were already made and Bristol were screwed. No one believes they didn’t try to compete at the end. They ****** it up at the beginning of the second half and we’re not able to regain control.

TOTAL UNPROFESSIONALISM. IF THAT HAD BEEN CITY THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN A RIOT. LAM AND THOSE PLAYERS THAT WERE ON THE FIELD IN THAT PERIOD SHOULD BE ASHAMED! (And they are. Lam is furious) God damn internationals playing like it’s all over at 28/0. 

*******!

I guess its the equivalent of City being 4 up in a game. That try on HT gave them hope and we went missing from then on. 

15 hours ago, Lew-T said:

What a crappy 24 hours of sport. 

Well, now set up nicely for Torquay losing the play-off final and that will complete a hat trick of dismal performances/results. 

Blame me, it’s tradition. Whenever I bought a City shirt/scarf/hat before a match to demonstrate my enthusiasm and pride in the Club we always then produced the most inept of performances and invariably lost. 

I bought a big screen TV on Friday to watch the sport. Everyone’s a loser!

ps rugby gets most things right (as opposed to football), but they need to re-think the league winners issue. Either the winner gets a league trophy and then onto the four-team championship trophy, or they go straight into the final with four other teams battling it out for the other final place.