IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

6 hours ago, Super said:

Bristol have only themselves to blame.

I don’t disagree at all. I read somewhere a quote which said the season is just qualification for a knockout cup, a good description I think.

Yes everyone knew the rules at the start, etc, etc. But I don’t see why there can’t be League Champions then a playoff for a Champions Cup. One team could do the double of course, but it would be fairer and therefore more just to all involved. 

• Like 2

What a ridiculous situation. Can you imagine the Prem not being decided by the 38 game season? Just makes rugby look a bit mickey mouse to me. They are transparently chasing the money raised by the end of season play off format. Football has gone the same way for promotion but at least retained the concept of league champions.

I really can't see the point in rugby league games if you don't win the league. Yet another reason to not watch rugby ?

Edited by robin_unreliant

Rugby Union associations and clubs aren't working on anywhere near the same income as football. Playoffs are a way of holding several high profile matches which will sell tickets and generate decent TV income and viewing figures at the end of the season. Of course they could manage without them, but who is going to vote to decrease their revenue?

I don't particularly like the idea of them either (for one thing Munster have finished top and lost in the playoffs before) but they've been around in some form in the English Premiership since 2003, the PRO14/URC since 2009 and the TOP14 since 2004 (as far as I can tell). They're here to stay.

• Admin

B&A Group are excited to announce that we have been appointed as the Principal Contractor to supply the material and construct an additional pitch at the state of the art training facilities of the Bristol Bears at Beggar Bush Lane. The project encompasses the creation of an additional rugby pitch, training grids and the erection of groundsman facilities in connection with the approved rugby training facility. B&A Group will supply approximately 60,000m3 of suitable material for the construction of the pitch, install the drainage and plant a new landscaping scheme to provide a beneficial additional pitch to the impressive training facility. #bandagroup #bristolbears

FB_IMG_1626210951896.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Tickets for the Bath game on 1st Oct are:

South Stand £37

Dolman wings £43

Dolman centre £60

Lansdown wings £60

Lansdown centre £70

Fiver off if you're a member. Absolutely OUTRAGEOUS!!!! 

It’s the main reason I got a ST this year.   The disparity between single ticket and ST price per ticket is nuts. 

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Tickets for the Bath game on 1st Oct are:

South Stand £37

Dolman wings £43

Dolman centre £60

Lansdown wings £60

Lansdown centre £70

Fiver off if you're a member. Absolutely OUTRAGEOUS!!!! 

Average prices for the premiership now, in fact they're quite cheap compared to most clubs, massively pricing out regular rugby fans sadly. 

They are seeing fast though, South stand almost sold out and the Atyeo has been opened. 

Does make a season ticket look outstanding value for money 

Edited by JBFC II