IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

10,000 season tickets sold. Phenomenal vindication of the rebrand, and the whole approach that the club has taken.

Looking at individual match day prices it is a no brainer to buy a season ticket, will be interesting to see what sort of actual match ticket purchases will be

• Like 2

Should be interesting - always great to hear Pat speak

BEARS TO HOST FANS Q&A AT ASHTON GATE

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH 2021

Bristol Bears will launch the 2021/22 season with a free Fans Q&A event in the Ashton Gate Sports Bar on Tuesday, September 14th (7pm-8.15pm).

Hear from Director of Rugby Pat Lam, CEO Mark Tainton and Australian international Luke Morahan ahead of the Gallagher Premiership opener against Saracens on Friday, September 17th (7.45pm KO).

This event is free with a paid bar open on the night. Parking is available in the Winterstoke car park.

In addition, Geoff Twentyman will host the first episode of The Scrum on BBC Radio Bristol from Ashton Gate ahead of the Q&A from 6pm-7pm.

20 minutes ago, airdog said:

have just read the gate guide for the match against Saracens and they are saying we require a lateral flow test to gain entry so can you please tell me if they are needed for the football, looking on the city website and they dont seem to be .

This is from a different club but it may help...

As part of our efforts to prepare fans for potential future entry procedures, on arrival to the stadium fans aged 18 and over may be asked if they have COVID certification. However, under the current guidance, demonstrating COVID certification is not mandatory and it not currently a condition of entry to the stadium.

https://www.arsenal.com/tickets/arsenal/2021-Sep-26/tottenham-hotspur

From reading this I believe it won't be a problem to go to the Saracens game without taking a test. I don't expect it will be enforced and I am expecting no hassle if I politely tell them that there is no law that requires me to do a test to enter.

thanks baba I hope that is the case, I have the paper covid pass which shows I am double jabbed and am happy to show that even though there is no suggestion the government are requireing them but would have a problem proving the flow test as I dont have a mobile phone and I am not the only one .

On 06/09/2021 at 14:44, CyderInACan said:

Should be interesting - always great to hear Pat speak

BEARS TO HOST FANS Q&A AT ASHTON GATE

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH 2021

Bristol Bears will launch the 2021/22 season with a free Fans Q&A event in the Ashton Gate Sports Bar on Tuesday, September 14th (7pm-8.15pm).

Hear from Director of Rugby Pat Lam, CEO Mark Tainton and Australian international Luke Morahan ahead of the Gallagher Premiership opener against Saracens on Friday, September 17th (7.45pm KO).

This event is free with a paid bar open on the night. Parking is available in the Winterstoke car park.

In addition, Geoff Twentyman will host the first episode of The Scrum on BBC Radio Bristol from Ashton Gate ahead of the Q&A from 6pm-7pm.

Did anyone go to this?

3 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Pat all signed up until 2028 :winner_third_h4h:

Yup, a five year extension. Great news.

Am I right in understanding we aren’t so concerned about losing players this season due to them being under contract, but next season is a bit of a cruncher as lots of contracts are up. Pat extending his has to be good news in that respect though?

On 16/09/2021 at 14:31, elhombrecito said:

Also, I haven't followed Bristol at during the off season, but other than not having Malins or Earl for the season, I'm struggling to see how anybody would predict a 6th place finish??

Screenshot_20210916-142856-365.png

Because that journalist is wearing tiger tinted spectacles.  Not too concerned about Earl and Malins. We did well when they weren't available.

I think the real concern is replacing Siale Piatau and Jon Afoa.  Lahiff and Armstrong are nowhere near Afoa/Sinkler standard