IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

They're trying to do the same as last year, but with a weaker side.

I think there are phases where it’s not even conceivable to say we’re ‘trying’ to do the same.

Again, far too weak.

Edited by 054123

19 minutes ago, Super said:

Still not recovered from that Semi Final defeat.

Personally I do wonder if this all stems back to a game or two before that with "cheatgate" at Leicester, where Pat was pretty much caught red-handed on camera telling a porky. I wonder if the players lost some respect for him that day. No evidence but just a theory... 

• Hmmm 1

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Personally I do wonder if this all stems back to a game or two before that with "cheatgate" at Leicester, where Pat was pretty much caught red-handed on camera telling a porky. I wonder if the players lost some respect for him that day. No evidence but just a theory... 

It was an embarrassing moment for sure but can’t see it causing a mass loss of respect for Pat in the long run. We played well last week. Think we’ve just been found out a bit in general and we’re nowhere near firing atm. 

Just now, lenred said:

It was an embarrassing moment for sure but can’t see it causing a mass loss of respect for Pat in the long run. We played well last week. Think we’ve just been found out a bit in general and we’re nowhere near firing atm. 

Oh def still trust in Pat. We played well second half last week, first half was poor. 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Oh def still trust in Pat. We played well second half last week, first half was poor. 

First half last week, second half this. Seems the pattern of not being able to put a consistent 80 min performance together has continued on from last season. Was hoping that would improve this year but still very much a work in progress. Semi a massive loss as well. 

1 hour ago, Notbarrymanc said:

The defence has been poor so far this season. It seems like fitness is also a pretty big issue. There’s too many nothing players - Adelukan, Bedlow, poor bench, lots of areas to improve 

Thought he went to Lincoln (or somewhere) ?

I blame Lansdown, putting all his time and money into bloody football !

?

• Haha 2

We were top pretty much all season and ultimately camecaway with nothing, title wise. I think the plan must be this year to fly under the radar and nick a playoff spot at the last moment and win the bloody Premiership. ?

We certainly looked weaker by losing Max, Ben and Siale. But it must have been a huge blow mentally for the players to lose Semi a couple of weeks ago, they must be looking at eachother and wondering what is possible. Don’t underestimate the late loss of Luatua last evening either, he is vital.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Notbarrymanc said:

The defence has been poor so far this season. It seems like fitness is also a pretty big issue. There’s too many nothing players - Adelukan, Bedlow, poor bench, lots of areas to improve 

Very harsh on Bedlow who had a great game in defence and attack - he is our one crash bang back .  Watch back the first try and you'll see he made 10/12 metres from such a run and then from the subsequent ruck Randall made his break.

The wheels fell off when he went off and Leiua came on.  Now there's a nothing player.  Hands like udders.

• Haha 1

See Kyle Sinckler  and Harry Randall still in Jones' camp for the internationals.

Said he wanted to freshen things up, so wtf is Farrell still in the squad? Marcus Smith is now in the squad on merit - will Farrell let him take any of the kicks or will he plough on hoping that the next one goes between the posts!

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully a home win.

What is going on at Bath? 

Played 7, lost 7. They are in a complete mess. 

Yup can’t wait for tomorrow and, as you say, hopefully 5 points. 

Would be absolutely peak-Bath to finish bottom in a season where there’s no relegation. 

Any idea when Sir Steven Luatua will be back?