IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

• Admin
1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Tough one today. Did well to hang in there and get a losing bonus point despite being second best for most of it and having to deal with Luke Pearce doing his best impression of that ******** who did the QPR game the other night. Every 50/50 call went Exeter's way.

Massive let off for Bristol, another day Exeter would have been long out of site

• Like 1

Was looking forward to tonight's game with Sale (live on bt)......but just noticed Wayne Barnes is ref tonight. To make it worse he's celebrating the milestone of refereeing his 250th match amid much media attention.

He's sure to want to take centre stage even more than usual ☹️

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Was looking forward to tonight's game with Sale (live on bt)......but just noticed Wayne Barnes is ref tonight. To make it worse he's celebrating the milestone of refereeing his 250th match amid much media attention.

He's sure to want to take centre stage even more than usual ☹️

We can write this one off then and move on!

• Like 1

Hints of City about the Bears this season, lots of backward steps, but last few games starting to put something together. Vs Leicester we were a bit unlucky to lose to last play of the game, Exeter we were well beaten, but defence sound and we weren’t thrashed, and then tonight. Best attacking play for a long time, combined with decent defence and a try bonus point win. We had the rub of the green, but that makes a pleasant change and plenty still to work on, eg gathering high balls. Also a la City, good to see some youngsters leading the charge (Lloyd, Harding and Hawkins all great this evening). Maybe it’s all part of the SL Bristol Sport master plan, be a bit rubbish and then the yoof ride to the rescue. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Interesting to see the football lines visible tonight which is unusual 

With such a short turnaround time I guess the groundstaff need all the help they can get. I left around 10.30 and there were still loads of people drinking in the ground. It’s a lot to clean up and get the stadium and pitch ready for tomorrow. Crowd is going to be small tomorrow though unless they sell a lot of POTD.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

With such a short turnaround time I guess the groundstaff need all the help they can get. I left around 10.30 and there were still loads of people drinking in the ground. It’s a lot to clean up and get the stadium and pitch ready for tomorrow. Crowd is going to be small tomorrow though unless they sell a lot of POTD.

A cynic might suggest that they're not too fussed about the crowd size tomorrow given the quick turnaround.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

A cynic might suggest that they're not too fussed about the crowd size tomorrow given the quick turnaround.

I think they have limited the size of the crowd by the price they are charging. Like I said unless we sell some serious tickets tomorrow it’s going to be small. I’ve no idea how many Fulham have sold though so that might boost the gate.

Nige freely admits that the Championship is the priority and I’m expecting a very different line up today. Bell has been recalled and Towler might well start after his tough experience against Milwall. Wells may well also start.

I don’t think many, if any of us see the FA cup as important as it once was once and I’m not particularly bothered which way it goes.

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nige freely admits that the Championship is the priority and I’m expecting a very different line up today. Bell has been recalled and Towler might well start after his tough experience against Milwall. Wells may well also start.

I don’t think many, if any of us see the FA cup as important as it once was once and I’m not particularly bothered which way it goes.

Sadly Cup-Tied, already played for Grimsby in the Competition

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Wrong thread me thinks! 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Magic Man said:

Is anyone attempting the City / Bears double header on Saturday?

Fulham away at 3pm, straight down the M4 for Stade Francais at 8pm.

It's doable I reckon. I don't have a Fulham ticket, but would give it a go if I did..

Clear run you should be ok. You're on the right side of London.

2 hours ago, Magic Man said:

Is anyone attempting the City / Bears double header on Saturday?

Fulham away at 3pm, straight down the M4 for Stade Francais at 8pm.

It's doable I reckon. I don't have a Fulham ticket, but would give it a go if I did..

I'm going to try to do it yes ?

England Rugby player arrested on suspicion of rape. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/12/former-england-rugby-union-international-arrested-on-suspicion-of-rape

A certain bath player was named by a website (the same website that named the Everton player when nobody else would) and said player's wife has gone on social media saying its not them. (but that's what the Everton players wife did as well). 

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

England Rugby player arrested on suspicion of rape. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/12/former-england-rugby-union-international-arrested-on-suspicion-of-rape

A certain bath player was named by a website (the same website that named the Everton player when nobody else would) and said player's wife has gone on social media saying its not them. (but that's what the Everton players wife did as well). 

According to the Police statement, the arrested man is aged 29.

According to WIKI, DC is aged 34.

6 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

According to the Police statement, the arrested man is aged 29.

According to WIKI, DC is aged 34.

Which would make sense as his twitter name has 87, the year of his birth. 

Must be pretty horrible for his wife and family to have to deal with this if they really have nothing to do with this. 

The link states a woman was involved in the alleged offences too. What is wrong with some people? It’s sick enough someone rapes another but to have someone to help, and that someone being the same sex as the victim is just beyond my comprehension, eg the Maxwell woman. 

24 minutes ago, RedM said:

Which would make sense as his twitter name has 87, the year of his birth. 

Must be pretty horrible for his wife and family to have to deal with this if they really have nothing to do with this. 

The link states a woman was involved in the alleged offences too. What is wrong with some people? It’s sick enough someone rapes another but to have someone to help, and that someone being the same sex as the victim is just beyond my comprehension, eg the Maxwell woman. 

The alleged incident is awful, whether or not a woman was indeed involved, but so, as usual, is the media speculation, both main stream and social, and, especially, the media intrusion in to what, at present, would seem to be the private lives of two innocent people.

• Like 1