IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Which would make sense as his twitter name has 87, the year of his birth. 

Must be pretty horrible for his wife and family to have to deal with this if they really have nothing to do with this. 

The link states a woman was involved in the alleged offences too. What is wrong with some people? It’s sick enough someone rapes another but to have someone to help, and that someone being the same sex as the victim is just beyond my comprehension, eg the Maxwell woman. 

Hmmm...

It would seem that Mrs Cipriani is owed an apology....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10394517/Prostitute-arrested-England-rugby-star-suspicion-raping-teenager-tells-threesome.html

• Like 1

Well, it's a 29 year old rugby player who was in Manchester and is an England International who isn't in the current team

Sale play in Manchester and they've released a statement a few mins ago saying its their player. There is a 29 year old former England International who plays for them. But I'm not naming names.

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

Well, it's a 29 year old rugby player who was in Manchester and is an England International who isn't in the current team

Sale play in Manchester and they've released a statement a few mins ago saying its their player. There is a 29 year old former England International who plays for them. But I'm not naming names.

More than one, actually.

Given the tendancy for the media to be rather 'loose' with their definitions, the expression 'former England International' could have been used to describe a player who, e.g. was called up to the England squad (but didn't play), a player who played for England Saxons....

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

More than one, actually.

Given the tendancy for the media to be rather 'loose' with their definitions, the expression 'former England International' could have been used to describe a player who, e.g. was called up to the England squad (but didn't play), a player who played for England Saxons....

You should see the state of our back Yarde up here 

5 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

You should see the state of our back Yarde up here 

As the 41 year old prostitute said to the Sale rugby player.

I see you have indicated your location as Wilmslow; not a million miles away from Sale, just a short trip up the M60, in fact - no smutty pun intended, unlike you ?.

In a way, I sort of hope you are correct, as my (unfortunate and, hopefully, erroneous) guess was the son of an esteemed former England and British Lions Captain.

15 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

More than one, actually.

Issue we have was the same as Delph at Everton. He was targeted but it wasn't him because the info that was released matched him and one other player. 

You're correct though, there are 3 Sale players who fit the profile now. So we have two innocent parties. 

Bristol Bears’ trip to the state of the art Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will be shown live on BT Sport at the end of March.

The 62,000 seater venue will be the 40th stadium to host a Premiership Rugby as Saracens entertain Bristol Bears on Saturday 26 March, in The Showdown, following the conclusion of this year’s Six Nations Championship.

In Round 22, Pat Lam's side visit the cinch Stadium @ Franklin's Gardens on Saturday, April 2nd to take on Chris Boyd's Northampton Saints, live on BT Sport.

20 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

In a way, I sort of hope you are correct, as my (unfortunate and, hopefully, erroneous) guess was the son of an esteemed former England and British Lions Captain.

5 hours ago, The Batman said:

You're correct though, there are 3 Sale players who fit the profile now. So we have two innocent parties. 

Was quite common knowledge up this way who was arrested

Whether he is guilty is yet to be decided of course

On 13/01/2022 at 11:44, Super said:

Bristol Bears’ trip to the state of the art Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will be shown live on BT Sport at the end of March.

The 62,000 seater venue will be the 40th stadium to host a Premiership Rugby as Saracens entertain Bristol Bears on Saturday 26 March, in The Showdown, following the conclusion of this year’s Six Nations Championship.

In Round 22, Pat Lam's side visit the cinch Stadium @ Franklin's Gardens on Saturday, April 2nd to take on Chris Boyd's Northampton Saints, live on BT Sport.

Why's the game being played at the Spurs ground?

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Why's the game being played at the Spurs ground?

It’s Sarries Big game called ‘the Showdown’ that’s basically an opportunity for them to play in a bigger stadium once a year. Bath and Quins do similar and Newcastle have done it in the past as well iirc

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sexy Bristol are back. 

What are our odds of qualifying for the next round? 

Haven't done the maths but you only need to finish in the top eight of the group this year. It's a dog's dinner of a format but Bristol will be on 12 points after this and looking good to qualify well.

Entertaining game. Stade more spirited in defence this half than I anticipated.

2 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Haven't done the maths but you only need to finish in the top eight of the group this year. It's a dog's dinner of a format but Bristol will be on 12 points after this and looking good to qualify well.

Entertaining game. Stade more spirited in defence this half than I anticipated.

Ah will easily qualify top 8 so that's good news.

Agree Stade have put up a decent fight this half but Bears have generally been the better team throughout I think. 

Big concern at the moment is Semi really isn't firing at all. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Ah will easily qualify top 8 so that's good news.

Agree Stade have put up a decent fight this half but Bears have generally been the better team throughout I think. 

Big concern at the moment is Semi really isn't firing at all. 

Yes I'm sure Bristol will be through mathematically now. Can't imagine anyone coming 9th or worse with 12 points.

Totally agree. There's a huge gulf in class here. Nice to see Stade back at this level but they're miles off the standard. Rarely seen a team get stripped in contact so much.

He's forcing it a bit. Too good to not start putting it together again soon.

Nice to see Sanchez and Sheedy sharing a smile at full time. Sanchez didn't have a great outing but he's one of the greats. 

Edited by MichaelRobartes

7 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Yes I'm sure Bristol will be through mathematically now. Can't imagine anyone coming 9th or worse with 12 points.

Totally agree. There's a huge gulf in class here. Nice to see Stade back at this level but they're miles off the standard. Rarely seen a team get stripped in contact so much.

He's forcing it a bit. Too good to not start putting it together again soon.

Nice to see Sanchez and Sheedy sharing a smile at full time. Sanchez didn't have a great outing but he's one of the greats. 

Do you know whether finishing top 4 secures a home tie in the next round? If so, a couple of bonus pts or more at Scarlets next week would confirm that too

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Do you know whether finishing top 4 secures a home tie in the next round? If so, a couple of bonus pts or more at Scarlets next week would confirm that too

Next round is two-legged. I assume the top 4 get home advantage for the second leg. The top ranked sides from the pool stage get home advantage for the QF and SF which will be one-off matches.

Bristol looking good for a home 2nd leg in the last 16 anyway.

14 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Next round is two-legged. I assume the top 4 get home advantage for the second leg. The top ranked sides from the pool stage get home advantage for the QF and SF which will be one-off matches.

Bristol looking good for a home 2nd leg in the last 16 anyway.

Ah yes I see now. First leg is weekend 8/9/10 April and second leg 15/16/17 April. Then the QF, SF and Final all in May 

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Good start for Bears.

Could be wrong but Stade don't look massively up for this... 

Taking nothing away from a much better Bristol performance, thought SF were surprisingly poor to be honest. Bristol looking much better since the unlucky defeat against Leicester on Boxing Day.Starting to get some momentum going now.

Edited by Slacker