IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

Our line out has been so poor this season

I thought we had improved quite a bit on the back of being very poor end of last season.Joe Joyce seems to be winning a lot in the line outs.Having Luatua back will probably make a difference too.

Edited by Slacker
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Slacker said:

Taking nothing away from a much better Bristol performance, thought SF were surprisingly poor to be honest. Bristol looking much better since the unlucky defeat against Leicester on Boxing Day.Starting to get some momentum going now.

They were saying on commentary that they left a few of their bigger names at home, they'd written this tournament off a bit after losing their first game heavily to Connacht and then seeing the home game with Bristol cancelled and declared a draw which probably put paid to them qualifying.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

They were saying on commentary that they left a few of their bigger names at home, they'd written this tournament off a bit after losing their first game heavily to Connacht and then seeing the home game with Bristol cancelled and declared a draw which probably put paid to them qualifying.

They still could have qualified if they'd won last night, in fact they still can qualify. 

I think it's more that they just aren't very good and weren't up for it. They're currently 10th in the Top 14 this season. 

38 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

OOC at the end of the season & not in our plans. 

Pretty much it. He’s lost his way somehow with us, perhaps only ever shown glimpses of what he could offer and others have come in and are ahead of him. 

I’m hearing it’s a kick up the backside for him, but also think it’s beyond that as like you said he is OOC soon and we’ve moved on.

35 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Think we can finish top 6/win Champs Cup mate? 

I think top 6 is probably fantasy land at this point, but looking and recent seasons, both Wasps and Quins have both managed unlikely finishes in the league, after being written off by Christmas. 

Having Nualago fit and firing was a big difference today. If you didn’t see the game, I really hope the highlights showing him absolutely smash a Newcastle player, it was a hell of a hit. 

As for champs cup, miles off. That being said, they’ve got the ability to hurt anyone.

50 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I think top 6 is probably fantasy land at this point, but looking and recent seasons, both Wasps and Quins have both managed unlikely finishes in the league, after being written off by Christmas. 

Having Nualago fit and firing was a big difference today. If you didn’t see the game, I really hope the highlights showing him absolutely smash a Newcastle player, it was a hell of a hit. 

As for champs cup, miles off. That being said, they’ve got the ability to hurt anyone.

That's what I'm thinking. Champs Cup, who knows. Should beat Sale then one-off game who knows.

Marseille end of May would be lush.

• Like 1