IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

So add Worcester to the list of “clubs heading toward admin”.

Not sure what can be done with finances in the game. Clubs already at a huge disadvantage to French teams in terms of salary cap, and the RFU can’t be trusted to grow the game (just look at the mess the championship is in). 

On 21/08/2022 at 10:23, Barrs Court Red said:

So add Worcester to the list of “clubs heading toward admin”.

Not sure what can be done with finances in the game. Clubs already at a huge disadvantage to French teams in terms of salary cap, and the RFU can’t be trusted to grow the game (just look at the mess the championship is in). 

It’s being reported that the directors are buying all the land owned by the club for a pittance before administration. Asset stripping?

24 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

It’s being reported that the directors are buying all the land owned by the club for a pittance before administration. Asset stripping?

A few companies were set up in July based around various parts of the owned land. 

no idea if it’s asset stripping or keeping separate for financial reasons. 

Banner image

BEARS ANNOUNCE NEW CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 24TH 2022

Tom Tainton has been appointed Chief Operating Officer ahead of the 2022/23 season.

The 33-year-old initially served as Head of Communications, before becoming Head of Operations in 2021.

Gavin Marshall, Pula Director of Sport, said: “Tom has been an invaluable part of the club for more than a decade. He helped oversee the launch of the successful rebrand to Bristol Bears, in 2018, and has been an instrumental part in developing Bears’ unique tone of voice.

“Since then, Tom has been a key member of the senior management team and, following our restructure this summer, will now lead on Bristol Bears’ strategic objectives with a focus on ensuring Bristol Bears Men, Women, Academy and Community are market leaders for years to come.”

He also joins the Bears Women board of directors, as well as Bristol Bears Community Foundation board of trustees.

Tom Tainton said: “As somebody who has grown up in the city and been a part of the club through many highs and lows, I’m excited by the opportunity and what we can achieve as a team, on and off the field.

“I look forward to continuing to work closely with Pat Lam, Gavin Marshall and the board of directors in driving the club vision of Inspiring Our Community Through Rugby Success.”

As part of the club restructure, Daisie Mayes is appointed Bears High Performance Centre Operations Manager, while Will Carpenter will spearhead the four-person communications team as Head of Media & Communications.

21 hours ago, Paul G said:

And the good news today is, Ellis is available to play on Friday. Looks like he had no intention of missing this one?

Apparently, Pat said that Gengey stated that playing v. Bath was "non-negotiable" so they've cooked up a deal with England to allow it to happen. Rather looking forward to Friday night I must say . . . 

9 hours ago, Natchlander said:

Am I able to get tickets online for the Bristol v Bath game tomorrow during the day Friday? . I am not going to know by lunch time if I can make it or not and don't want to potentially be told there are no tickets just before kick off. 

I would wait. Every chance it will be called off.

• Like 1