IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

I attended the rugby today at AG. Good atmosphere but poor Bristol got badly beaten. Apparently they were very off the pace and deseved to be well behind at HT - that's according to the guys around me..

The sound system remains shockingly poor. Yet again no-one could hear the announcements- exactly the same as when City are at home. Muffled. 

Why it's so difficult to fix is one of life's mysteries.

Hung around after the game for a pint. Great buzz around the stage with a 14 yr boy playing guitar like a pro. He was whacking out some great classics. Very talented lad.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I attended the rugby today at AG. Good atmosphere but poor Bristol got badly beaten. Apparently they were very off the pace and deseved to be well behind at HT - that's according to the guys around me..

The sound system remains shockingly poor. Yet again no-one could hear the announcements- exactly the same as when City are at home. Muffled. 

Why it's so difficult to fix is one of life's mysteries.

Hung around after the game for a pint. Great buzz around the stage with a 14 yr boy playing guitar like a pro. He was whacking out some great classics. Very talented lad.

Having only watched rugby for a season, all home games bar one, I'm certainly not an expert. My thoughts are the game is much quicker and somehow has less stoppages. The Premiership players are stronger physically and think quicker. Bristol are naturally adjusting. The Ref it seemed today made some odd decisions for both sides but heavily favouring the     longstanding Premiership team. Yes we were pounded before HT, aided by the Ref ( at times it felt like football as the normally tolerant crowd turned on the Ref). After HT we had a bit more fight in us and began to get a grip on the game which was already out of our reach. We forced them into the same mistakes which had littered our game.

Fair crowd considering it was double last season's attendances I would think, but Northamption were well represented by their fans (still find it odd they are scattered amongst us, don't really like this) The end blocks of each stand were quite sparce but middles full enough. Looks like the normally quite busy South Stand people have moved over to the Lansdown though, but hard to tell as I was in S18 right alongside the Lansdown today.

As for the speakers, I had honestly thought they had fixed them as it was pretty good ethereal I was. Clear and right volume. When I go back to my football home (Dolman) I guess I'm in for disappointment then.

• Admin
16 hours ago, GrahamC said:

11,300 "crowd".

Which should put all that "Bristol is really a rugby city" bollocks firmly to bed for good.

Imagine if that was the attendance for our first home game in the Prem..

Amazing that more people turned out for the play off final than the first league fixture in the Prem

I guess we are going to get our "free" ticket for the rugby earlier than planned in the hope that some of us go back again

15 hours ago, Robbored said:

I'm guessing that was Senna as I believe Daz was playing at the ground yesterday - yeah he is VERY talented 

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Amazing that more people turned out for the play off final than the first league fixture in the Prem

I guess we are going to get our "free" ticket for the rugby earlier than planned in the hope that some of us go back again

I'm guessing that was Senna as I believe Daz was playing at the ground yesterday - yeah he is VERY talented 

I expect a great many saw the price and decided there are better things to do.  On the first half display I share that view :(

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Still a bigger crowd than Bath and Exeter got this weekend? 

I agree it seems a bit on the low side but clearly there's some big crowds to come over the next few months. 

I'll probably try and get to the Exeter game this month.

It was and Wasps only got 13k, which surprised me as I thought they were up around the 17k figure.

Give I a shout if you want a pint early doors for Exeter.