IGNORED

26,079 at ashton gate on friday night

Never to the dark side

10 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Actually, that was a massively entertaining game. Celebrated our try as if City had scored.

Cripes, being sucked into Bristol Sport!

Me too. Watched on BT Sport. First rugby game I've ever watched from start to finish.

Got quite excited about the winner although had literally no idea what was going on half the time.

Didn't realise rugby was so technically complicated with all the rules. Can't wait for a simple game on Sunday.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Exactly. The pitch was immaculate from start to finish and will be its usual perfect playing surface on Sunday. Even if the game was being played today, and we have had an overnight changeover, it would be as if a game of rugby had never been played on it. Credit to the groundstaff and the club for investing in such a good surface. This has got to be some of the best money we have ever spent.

That big blue premiership logo in the middle isn’t going to look great tho. 

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

That big blue premiership logo in the middle isn’t going to look great tho. 

True. I was laughing at a few of the Bath players who ended up looking like they were wearing a pale blue kit after rolling on the logo, maybe that helped to blot it up a bit. Their kitman isn’t ever going to get those stains out :laugh:

15 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

"The thing is that we as a football club have just as much potential as they do in the long term if we can ever get a new developed ground, and any good money thrown at us like they have over the years."

#GasLogic

Whether one likes rugby or not, last night was a superb display by everyone connected with Bristol sport, with a lower case "s".

The players, the support, the fact that Bristol beat the villagers from along the A4.

All City fans should be pleased, as that is what BCFC is striving for. A place at the top table and showing that we are rightfully there.

We did in the League Cup last season. Now let's do it in the league games and show the world what we have in our home City.

11 hours ago, Loon plage said:

If you recall, the crowd would laugh when the match attendance was announced when in the first division because clearly the club wasn't claiming the full crowd for tax purposes. For the massive games City had to come clean but i've been in big crowds recorded as 23,000 ish when there was loads more in there.

I recall some 35k plus games back in the old Div 1 days versus Man U and Liverpool. It was rammed on the terraces 

2 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I rather enjoyed this comment from their thread

"Im not gunna lie, the new Ashton gate rebuild is amazing.For a new build its one of the best in the country imho,it pains me to admit this tho.

The thing is that we as a football club have just as much potential as they do in the long term if we can ever get a new developed ground, and any good money thrown at us like they have over the years.

It pisses me off to say it, but they are a premiership club in the waiting.Tonight shown me why we need a new ground more than asap.."

That'll be the last post he/she makes on that forum. Gert ted.

3 hours ago, David Brent said:

My favourite reply -

Fair enough, im the same. At least they will fill their stadium tonight...

I’m a bit confused by that comment, did the poster mean us or the Rugby?

Either way considering they can’t fill their tiny 12k stadium it’s a bit rich for any Gashead to mock ours or the Rugby’s support. 

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Me too. Watched on BT Sport. First rugby game I've ever watched from start to finish.

Got quite excited about the winner although had literally no idea what was going on half the time.

Didn't realise rugby was so technically complicated with all the rules. Can't wait for a simple game on Sunday.

It’s an amazingly complicated game, not quite at the same level as cricket but difficult to appreciate if you don’t understand the  rules and tactics.

I had a SC the first time Bristol were in the PL and lost almost every game I didn’t really understand why, when in possession in their own half they boot if up field.......both teams did the same......giving the ball back to opposition............:facepalm:

Fortunately my rugby die hard buddy and his mates took the trouble to explain what was going on and that really helped me grasp the basics but over the season I lost a bit of interest and didn’t bother to get a rugby SC this season.

13 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Actually, that was a massively entertaining game. Celebrated our try as if City had scored.

Cripes, being sucked into Bristol Sport!

That’s the positive aspect of Bristol Sport right there, though some will be too proud to admit it. Without doubt we have more of an affinity with the rugby club now than we used to, which will inevitably result in a few extra bums on seats for the egg chasing. I went to the previous Bristol v Bath game, making use of my membership discount in the process. Almost certainly wouldn’t have happened if they were still at the mem.

And it may well work the other way around too, with rugby fans coming to see City.

Everybody wins from that. The more the stadium gets used, the better it is for everyone.

On 01/09/2018 at 11:24, ChippenhamRed said:

That’s the positive aspect of Bristol Sport right there, though some will be too proud to admit it. Without doubt we have more of an affinity with the rugby club now than we used to, which will inevitably result in a few extra bums on seats for the egg chasing. I went to the previous Bristol v Bath game, making use of my membership discount in the process. Almost certainly wouldn’t have happened if they were still at the mem.

And it may well work the other way around too, with rugby fans coming to see City.

Everybody wins from that. The more the stadium gets used, the better it is for everyone.

This is it in a nutshell, I now go to a few City games a year and always enjoy myself. Not sure I can afford a ST as away rugby days clash and stuff so wouldn't be getting the value but before that I would hardly ever go to a footy match.

Think the next one will be vs Hull in October? Got my Bears season ticket deal for it and I'll probably do one the month after with no discount. Never did it for the gas BTW.

Bears and Robins ?

Rugby is massive down these parts, and has been for years. 20,000+ back in 2006 was a new record at the time

I sit in the upper lansdown for football and have a season ticket in dolman for the rugby.

This weekend has prob been the best weekend ever down Ashton gate with 2 good performances within 40 hours 

i would recommend to any city fans who haven’t watched, head down and give the egg chasing a go. Two sets of fans with no segregation, drinking in the seats, cheering both teams at the sight of good rugby.

Archived