IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

We take on Blackburn today with a team which should largely pick itself.  The main question being whether Famara will get the nod over Matty or whether he will be given 30 minutes or so in the second half.

Hunt, Webster, Kalas & Kelly at the back

Eliasson has done enough to cement his place on the left with Pack and Brownhill in the middle with Webster on the right.

Weimann and Taylor up front (Though Fam is supposedly chomping at the bit to get a start).

After a shaky start, the team seems to be starting to gel and looks more like a unit.

Blackburn  have not had too shabby a start themselves netting one point more than us so far and Tony Mowbray's teams are never to easy to play.

For both teams, a win would propel them into the top 6, whilst a defeat would leave them looking towards the wrong end of the table, which is why I am going for a 1 - 1 score prediction this afternoon and hoping that the Ashton Gate roar could be worth the extra goal to City, so sing your hearts out lads.

45 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We take on Blackburn today with a team which should largely pick itself.  The main question being whether Famara will get the nod over Matty or whether he will be given 30 minutes or so in the second half.

Hunt, Webster, Kalas & Kelly at the back

Eliasson has done enough to cement his place on the left with Pack and Brownhill in the middle with Webster on the right.

Weimann and Taylor up front (Though Fam is supposedly chomping at the bit to get a start).

After a shaky start, the team seems to be starting to gel and looks more like a unit.

Blackburn  have not had too shabby a start themselves netting one point more than us so far and Tony Mowbray's teams are never to easy to play.

For both teams, a win would propel them into the top 6, whilst a defeat would leave them looking towards the wrong end of the table, which is why I am going for a 1 - 1 score prediction this afternoon and hoping that the Ashton Gate roar could be worth the extra goal to City, so sing your hearts out lads.

Totally agree except webster on the right?!!! I assume this is a typo?

1 minute ago, daored said:

Expect a draw today, Blackburn started the season well. Is Dack available today ? Certainly has taken to the championship in the early games 

Predicted  1 - 1 earlier, but as the morning is wearing on and I read the forum here and the Blacburn forums, I am becoming a little more confident of getting a result.  We must really roar the lads on today and really make our voices heard.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Watkins has not impressed so far, much rather see COD starting over him. That said prefer Watkins to Pato playing wide.

I think we may well see that for the last 20 mins, particularly if we find ourselves chasing the game. Watkins is actually beginning to grow on me though and I think he has just been learning to adapt to our style and fit in better.

Havana seems to have been indulging in some exceptional - and ironically, very tiring - 'lie ins' since the announcement of his recent nuptials so no surprise he's not up and raring to get the match thread going with a Sunday lunchtime ko.

Well done @wendyredredrobin for taking up the baton.

Fammy should come straight back in for Taylor afaic. - you don't leave out a proven goalscorer when his replacement simply isn't one at this level.

Fammy is first team quality in the Championship, a strong presence and constant goal threat, Taylor is little more than a nuisance, albeit occasionally effective, sub. imo.

Archived